CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:54 am 
IP:
I am sorry but I can't stand it anymore. A courhouse? is in trouble for having a pic of Christ on the wall. I thought the separation had to do with who would govern the people. How does a picture disrupt that? Im sorry but it just gets under my skin. Why do we putmup with it? I for one am tired of it and would love to be able to do something about it. I believe in our government but I believe in our Lord Jesus Christ. It's almost like I have to choose. If it comes down to it I know who has my vote. Sorry just had to vent.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:31 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

It sure is a shame that a country that was built two hundred plus years ago upon the laws of God is slowly chipping away at its very foundation. God is what inspired the decleration of Independence to begin with. Take these quotes to mind. These are only a select few of hundreds.

"We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We've staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity... to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God"

James Madison
President of the United States
&
Founding Father

"Without God, there is a coarsening of the society,and without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure".

President Ronald Reagan
Sept. 20, 1983

"Our Constitution was made only for a Moral and Religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other" .

President John Adams

Last edited by ClowerKY on Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:03 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

btt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

There is no such thing as separation of church and state as these anti God folks say but, they sure are getting alot of mileage out of saying it over and over. They think and may be right that if they keep saying it, it will become true. Actually it's the other way around though.
These knot-heads want to use part of the 1st amendment so called ''rights'' as their weapon and want to not recognise the rest of the amendment.

ACTS 16:31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:50 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Women in Church and Divorced Pastors get more attention than this equally important subject does. I would have guessed this post would have been loaded with replys by now. :o :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:23 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I think everyone is probably very unified on this one, so thats why not much discussion on it I believe.

dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:11 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

That amendment was not written to keep the church out of state affairs. It was written to keep the state out of church affairs.

The state needs to leave the church alone and the antis need to be driven back into the holes they came from. But all I see are people sitting down on God instead of standing up!! One woman took prayer out of school. ONE and now we can’t get enough Christians to ban together long enough to tell them we will not let them tell us how to raise our children we just set back and let it go right on by.

It’s almost like after the civil war we lost our back bone and let the government run over us just like they originally set out to do which started the war in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:57 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I work for Uncle Sam, and while God really doesn't NEED our government, our government DOES NEED God! I'm not saying our country is going to Hades or anything like that, but how much better off would America be if it allowed itself to be used as an instrument of God's Will. Take care everyone and God Bless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:54 pm 
IP:
*i no that this is a old topic but i couldn't resist*

God talks about how in the end people will turn on him, and thats what slowly is happining. People are soooooo busy trying to prove that he isn't "real" to stop and think this one little thing *this is what makes me a STRONG believer that he exsist!!* they NEVER say anything about any other so called god...have you'll ever noticed that? they always go after jesus christ. Me and my dad were talkin a while back, and he told me that archiologist *or however you spell it..lol* they thought that they fount where the ARK was..so they were diggin a sight.... and when the muslims fount out about it, they filt the hole up with concrete...now what does that tell you? lol.. how slow can people get! that wright there, if i was a muslim would of showed me that i need to go to worshipping god! cause they apparantly had something to hide????? but i no that he exsist, and i will worship him, i am often tempted by the devil to turn to my old evil ways, but with the help of god ANYTHING is possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:37 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Most Church's put themselves in their own church/state pickle when we choose to be tax exempt...... basically getting paid to be controlled. If a church paid all their taxes the govt. would have a lot less say in their message. As it stands Church's now are very limited on their political involvement and even a pastor isn't by law supposed to endorse a candidate if their church is tax exempt...... as long as we're getting paid (exempt from taxes) by the govt. it won't be long until the govt. tries to regulate the church more and more. I say we should pay our taxes so they can't hold that over us.

dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:29 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

In my opinion, I don't think the founding fathers in all their wisdom could forsee what would take place in the future concerning this issue. In all or the majority of the founders letters and speeches on topics concerning, religion or our country in general. You can note a deep and heart felt respect for God and how an important role the written word of the bible played in the make up of our government. Again in my opinion I do believe the founders did want a seperation between church and state, that meaning not wanting to respect any establishment of religion, such as baptist, catholic, methodist, or any other christian religion. After most escaped the religious persicution in England and Europe, the founders did not want to make their government or force their people to be a respector of a certain denomination. That did not mean the founders wanted to exclude God or Christianty as the building block for america to rise up with. The founders were keen in the sense that they knew that a nation built upon the teaching of christ was a nation that would last. Christ not religion makes men examine their hearts and minds before making important decisions in government or any aspect of their life. The founders again knew this and put together a constituion with values and morals inspired with the thought of christ in mind and in that they elected who they thought were men of moral fiber and christian backgrounds into power. They knew that if they built a nation that respected a certain denomination like "Catholicism" or whatever the people would rebel against it and that particular government would be short lived. Well I have too stop here. I could elaberate more on this, but Im short on time. :wink: