CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:43 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I think if you will do some research, you will see that Hogguide didn't misquote those verses.....They are direct quotes......FRom a much newer, non-King James Bible..... :?

Actually he has copied and pasted, and posted scriptures that go against his King James only status.... :shock:

He also claims to use the 1611, if you'll notice their aren't any 1611 words in those scriptures, actually their aren't even any modern KJV words in those scriptures... :wink:

We raised cotton and corn, a little cane and kids...
You either lived on a farm, or wished you did...
And Jesus always walked close by our sides...
WHERE I GREW UP, WE RODE IN TRUCKS
Luke Bryan- My new favorite song

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:39 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Houndsound..Why bring up a topic from another forum and change the subject?? ??

I do see a pattern though... You believe in drinking alcohol...Cant see a difference in worshipping with people who dont believe in the biblical teachings of Christ and Salvation, etc, etc, etc.. it is apparent that you bhave no base and arent grpunded firmly, but sway with public opinion.

My grandmother once told me...

Give the devil an inch and he will take you for a trip

Feel free to PM me all you want, but dont change this thread from the Emmaus walk, to Christian alcoholics.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:42 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

The Thread was about people who have been on an Emmaus walk.

You changed it to "which denominations deserve to be worhiped with and which don't".

I brought up the other thread, not because I wish to discuss drinking... but to show your hypocrisy. Not only did you change the words of the Bible, you contradicted your own legalistic views of KJV only... and even more never ever ever explained your actions. For someone to down all denominations that he doesn't agree with, I'd think you'd be anxious to tell us why you changed those verses. For someone that everyone on here see's as judgmental, I'd think you'd be happy to explain why you didn't use the KJV there. I brought it up becuase you should be shown for what your are. I'm not debating, not arguing, and not discussing anything else with you. The way you avoided for at least a month or so answering those questions shows you have no merit to be the I.C.P. (Internet Christian Policeman). Clean up, or at least explain your own hypocrisy first.... then bash everyone else. I brought it up becuase I'm sick of you hi jacking threads. Here was a thread about a guy who had a great experience at Emmaus Walk and wanted to discuss that good positive experience that brought him closer to God.... and you have to start down the religion and judging route. But of course you won't address the changing of the Bible that you did, or the hypocricy of saying KJV only... then using your own or another translation... you'll attack me for believing it's o.k. for a Christian to drink....

God bless everyone that was brought closer to God on the Emmaus Walk.

dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:57 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

houndsound wrote:

I have started the "walk" once before by the urging of a friend whose church was doing it. I have "some" :wink: knowledge of it. One of the men in my peer group was tryoing to convnce the 2 baotists in the group that women and homosexuals should be allowed to pastor a church based on Galatians 3:28.... When I objected, I was reprimanded and told that for 3 days I had to accept all doctrinal differences.....The Holy Spirit told me to leave...I left.

I can see where it can be good. I am sure many get alot from it....but I am bothered by the accpetance of doctrines that are pagan, unbiblical, works oriented , etc that is accepted and overlooked during this.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:32 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Hogguide wrote:
houndsound wrote:

I have started the "walk" once before by the urging of a friend whose church was doing it. I have "some" :wink: knowledge of it. One of the men in my peer group was tryoing to convnce the 2 baotists in the group that women and homosexuals should be allowed to pastor a church based on Galatians 3:28.... When I objected, I was reprimanded and told that for 3 days I had to accept all doctrinal differences.....The Holy Spirit told me to leave...I left.

I can see where it can be good. I am sure many get alot from it....but I am bothered by the accpetance of doctrines that are pagan, unbiblical, works oriented , etc that is accepted and overlooked during this.

Well, as I've said before.... we probably agree on more then we disagree on... we both just tend to be type A personalities and pretty vocal about our opinions.... so I can say I agree, I wouldn't overlook bad doctrine... but I'm not sure I have to overlook it to be around those folks. Did Jesus overlook sin to come to earth.. or did He overlook the prostitutes, thieves etc... that he ate with? Just a question? I just feel very secure in my beliefs and even more secure in my Father... so if someone disagrees with me, that's o.k.... not my job to change them. My job is to be used by God when He's changing people.

I look at it like this Hogguide.... truth rises to the top. If what I believe is the truth... it will be evident. If it's not evident to someone, it's for one of two reasons.

1. That person isn't willing to see past their point of view or they don't have the ability / desire to change their view... or question their beliefs. If this is the case... no amount of arguing, debating, yelling, or accusing will change them. If they believe 2 + 2 = 3.... then it's because they aren't willing to look at the facts. My telling them they're not true mathematicians won't change that. Until they want to question their addition process.... I can't make them believe. But if they do someday question why their additon isn't working.... I'd like to think the way I treated them will make me available to help them figure out that 2+2=4. In the real world I'd say that it's God's job to change their hearts, even if their doctrine is bad... only when God gives them a desire to change will they beable to change..... and I hope when God gives someone the desire to change I haven't turned them off of me... or I wouldn't be able to be used by God.

2. The second reason would be that I was wrong... in which case I'd be glad I didn't spout off to much about it.

In summary, If I really believe 2+2=4, and that's "truth".... I won't need to convince anyone. Even if they think it comes to 3....because if they are willing to take an honest, clear look at the math.... I will trust that they will come to the truth., the truth will rise to the top, the truth doesn't need me (although I'm honored to be used the Truth)... if they're not willing to take an honest clear look, I won't be able to change their minds and ... I still want to be nice to them.

I hope this makes sense. God Bless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

An event that builds up a personal relationship with CHRIST, has just gotten put on trial here. I'm sorry I ever made this post, and it will be my last one on the Christian Houndsman forum.
Chad
coontail pm me your # I would like to give you a call

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:34 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I went on a Journey walk about a year or so ago. That was the most amazing and incredible weekend of my life. Everyone should definitly experience it. I sure didn't want to leave and I would really like to go back.