CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Walk to Emmaus
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:50 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey everyone, just wondering if I had any Emmaus brothers or sisters here?
Chad

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have been, made my walk Feb 2006, Best thing I have ever done, God is good, it was nice to spend 72 hours focusing on Him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Coontail, a friend of mine summed it up like this, It's as close as you can get to Heaven and still be on earth. That will always stick in my head.
Chad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:36 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Explain what this is please. I know the passage of Jesus walking with the two and showing them all the prophesies about himself then just when they figured out it was him he was gone. What are you talking about, is it a retreat or personal time? BTW, Easter is coming, Christ is alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

That is a good as explaination as I have heard it is what we all hope Heaven will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

it is a 72 hour retreat that is life changing, all God from Thur evening till Sunday night. It is non denominational, brothers and sisters from all different Christian churches attend. A wonderful experience I recomend it for all Christians

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:24 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

How do you intertwine different denominations that have strong differences on the plan of salvation and key Bible doctrines and be true to God's word?

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: emmaus
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hogguide,
I will try to explain this to you, it is called Gods love where HIS people (all believers in Christ) get together and share the love of Jesus, I do not see how anyone that loves Jesus can let a few small differences stand between them and fellow believers.
We share one thing with ALL christians and that is our love for Christ and His love for us. I just wish all "Christians" could understand it isnt what version of the bible that is read or how much water is used to baptise or what color the hymn books are that God is the one thing WE all share. Jesus died, was buried in the tomb and most importantly HE ROSE AGAIN. that is something we all as "Christians Believe." I hope I didnt offend anyone or step on any toes.
May our God bless us all
Ed

Post subject: Re: emmaus
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:37 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

coontail wrote:
hogguide,
I will try to explain this to you, it is called Gods love where HIS people (all believers in Christ) get together and share the love of Jesus, I do not see how anyone that loves Jesus can let a few small differences stand between them and fellow believers.
We share one thing with ALL christians and that is our love for Christ and His love for us. I just wish all "Christians" could understand it isnt what version of the bible that is read or how much water is used to baptise or what color the hymn books are that God is the one thing WE all share. Jesus died, was buried in the tomb and most importantly HE ROSE AGAIN. that is something we all as "Christians Believe." I hope I didnt offend anyone or step on any toes.
May our God bless us all
Ed

here locally the Lutheran, Methodist, baptist, and Roman Catholic churches are advertising this...yet the Roman Catholic church just recently stated that protestants and baptists are lost, hell bound sinners unless they submit to the auithority of the Catholic church and the Pope.

How do you find common fground with a church that teaches salavtion by works, birthright, etc with those of faith alone?

How do you overlook key Biblical doctrine differences necessary to salvation when Jesus himself told us to be wary of this and rebuke, refute, and shun it?

I can worship freely and earnestly with anyone I disagree with on small subjects, but I dont see how you find common ground with people whose faith teaches a different pl;an of sal;vation anda different Chirst that that of the Bible.

Not to mention that some of the churches participating the most in this Emmaus phenomena are ordaining homosexual ministers, claiming part of the Bile to be false, etc, etc.

The Bible says to beware of people who claim to be universal and brings faiths together,when they disagree.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:41 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I've not gone, but would love to. I have several friends that have gone and got lots out of it... some of them sponsered some kids from my youth group back when I was a "real" minister. The kids came back changed... loved it and were certainly closer to God for it.

If you went worried about what denominations have sponsered what or what church has imperfections or doctrine different then yours.... you would probably get nothing out of it. It's like the saying, "you usually find what you're looking for." If you go looking to get closer to Fathers love and experience fellowship with some of His kids that He loves, that's probably what you'll find. However if you go looking for differences, imperfections and reasons to dismiss it..... that's probably what you'll get out of it.... but then I would think you'd have to ask yourself why all these other Christians got closer to God from the week and all I got was the fact that someone has a doctrinal difference then I do??????

I suppose the "how would it work" questions are much the same questions the pharisees had when John the Baptist was baptising so many people, or when Jesus ate with sinners or .... I could go on and on... but folks are getting closer to God and that makes me happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

thank you, houndsound we attend the Walk at Washington (Camp Illiana) pm me and maybe we can get together for a night of hunting and talk more about this wonderful experience, you are only about 1 hour from me. You are right about going into the weekend wanting to get closer to God, (and not judging everyone else there), the Walk is about You and God.
Ps Hogguide I will not argue about this. All I know is if you would humble yourself (as Jesus always did). and open your mind even you would grow closer to God with this experience.
May OUR God bless us all
Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:48 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I don't know anything about the Emmaus thing but I do know there will most certainly be a lot of different denominations in Heaven. That being the case, I think it's good when we can get together down here. A few years ain't gonna kill us, not when we have an Eternity to look forward too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The whole weekend is about a relationship, not a religion. On my walk we had Methodists, Baptists, Catholics, Mennonites, Lutherans, and a Quaker. The weekend didn't focus on the differences, just the one common thing, JESUS CHRIST.
Hogguide, I'm sorry you feel the way you do about different religions. We as Christians are suppose to be the Body of CHRIST and lead other people to him. The Walk to Emmaus is a wonderful experience, and nothing can be said to make me feel any different. I didn't make this post to start a controversy, I simply wanted to know if anyone else had been on the walk.
Chad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:46 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

cloverton wrote:
We as Christians are suppose to be the Body of CHRIST and lead other people to him.

I agree 100%, But the fact is some of the denominations arent Christian, considering their teachings and beliefs on salvation differ from that of the Bible. How can you freely worship with people who teach and preach works to attain salvation, others thart condone an abomination in their oulpits and radical ideas abhout the word God said was pefect and complete, yet they deny most of it as fact?

Jesus said to not even allow these people in our homes or bid them "godspeed".

I am all for joining with fellow Christians and worshipping and edifying but accepting some of the denominations as Christian and calling them "brothers" is a slap in the face to God.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:43 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Hogguide wrote:
cloverton wrote:
We as Christians are suppose to be the Body of CHRIST and lead other people to him.

I agree 100%, But the fact is some of the denominations arent Christian, considering their teachings and beliefs on salvation differ from that of the Bible. How can you freely worship with people who teach and preach works to attain salvation, others thart condone an abomination in their oulpits and radical ideas abhout the word God said was pefect and complete, yet they deny most of it as fact?

Jesus said to not even allow these people in our homes or bid them "godspeed".

I am all for joining with fellow Christians and worshipping and edifying but accepting some of the denominations as Christian and calling them "brothers" is a slap in the face to God.

It can be done, because like God, we should deal with people on an individual level. I'm not about to judge someone's salvation by their denominations doctrine.... that's getting caught up in religion. There's not one denomination that has perfect doctrine, or one individual that is without sin, and I doubt any of us have a real grasp on the love required of God to save us. I disagree with some of your theology, but don't mind chatting on here with you. You litereally changed a bunch of Bible verses on the UKC board from what the Bible actually says, but I don't question your salvation over it.

p.s. here's a link to the passages you misquoted incase you forgot. You still never answered why you did that. For someone that is so judgmental about everyone's beliefs and tells everyone that you "rightly divide the Word of God" and that you can only trust the KJV.... I think you owe an explination on how it's o.k. to misquote those verses.

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.ph ... enumber=10
dk

dk