CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Why extra prayers?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:35 am 
IP:
Asking others to pray for us, whether friends or our church, is pretty common. There are certain things that I pray for every day, currently it's that I might be able to let go and forgive. I don't ask others to pray for me, though don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with that.

My thoughts are, God hears my prayer. I don't need to continually pray as though God hasn't heard it the first time. Sorta the same way with asking others to pray for me, I don't believe 50 people praying for me will make God hear me "more." I don't know my true reasons for multiple prayers, but I think it's because I pray that "just for today let me walk the process of forgiveness, or whatever I'm praying for." A lot of times the prayer is more for me, to remind me that God is who I should be reaching out for.

What are the reasons of asking for multiple prayers from others?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:15 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

There's examples of it in the Bible. Read the story of Esther. The people were in captivity and in threat of being detroyed by the kings decree. They joined together in praying and fasting for their deliverance.

Jesus prayed often and asked the disciples to pray with him. Look at his prayer pattern. He was God and he kept in close connection with the Father and the Spirit by praying frequently. The trinity is still a mystery to me but I believe it is true.

While Paul was in jail in Acts the believers were praying for them. He showed up at the house after the being freed by the angel and the gal who answered the door was so excited she forgot to let him in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:19 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I think that there is strength in numbers. If I were to say to you, "You look nice today." It would probably make you feel nice, but if several people complamented you, it might make you feel real good. I'm not trying to be dirty, I'm just saying this for example. When I know that many prayers are going out for me or anyone, then I feel power in that. Because you have a lot of love being lifted up to God. Another example would be, when one of my kids says that he or she loves me, that makes me feel good, but when they all say it at once, gosh, that's priceless. And as far as multiple prayers from one person. I may be wrong, but I can't help but feel this way. If I pray once, yes I know God heard me. But I believe some times that He tests our sincerity by finding out if we will stay in there until we get an answer. What I mean is if I pray once half hearted and don't get an answer and just go on. Well then that was that, but if I stay in prayer and show sincerity for what ever I am praying for then I believe we will come more near hearing from God. But the key factor in everything is this, is what I am praying for in accord with God's will for me or whoever I am praying for. That is probably the thing that is most misunderstood. I know it is for me. When I want or think I need something, I want it right now and find myself disappointed a lot. But when I slow down and just put it in His hands, that's when things start coming together. God knows what is best for us, not us. So I would have to say "Hang in there." (Jamie)James Ramey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:36 pm 
IP:
Christians who Pray together, stand to together. to make his people(church) strong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:11 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I think there may be several reasons....

1. Involving others may be a blessing to them... say God wants to deliver me from something... If someone joins in with me and prays about it, it's a blessing for them when God delivers me.

2. God usually likes to answer our prayers through other people. While I think it's important to ask others to pray for us...... there's only a select few I'll ask- because that select few I know will really pray- meaning they don't just pray "please God help XXXXXX" they pray "Please God, show me how to help XXXXX".

3. God likes to hear from his kids- ecspecially when it's bore out of concern and love for another one of his kids. If one of my boys hurts his leg and is crying about it, his brothers will come yelling, "mom, dad- come quick XXXXXX is hurt" I'd hate to think if one boy got hurt the others would just sit and go about their business thinking that I'd hear them crying anyway.

4. Sharing our problems and asking others to pray is a great way for folks to gossip without feeling like their gossiping, LOL... just kidding about that one.

dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:12 am 
IP:
Thanks everyone, those are some good answers that make sense. Thanks for taking the time to post--the comments certainly answered my questions! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:10 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

theres also a commandment that Paul gave he said If any among you are sick call upon the elders of the church have them to anoint you with oil and pray that you maybe healed- those are not his exact words but close.

Profile  WWW