CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The hole in the boot was from the coon. After he shot he slipped in the snow. The coon came down, but was very much alive and was tyring to come at him. He kicked it back a few times, and then it latched onto his boot. He kicked it off, tearing the boot, and then it came at him again. If I remember correctly, he said it got up to his stomach or chest before the Lab leaped though air air and tore it off of him. The coon then put a big hole in the Labs lip too. He stood on it's neck for over 3 minutes (while it was still kicking and fussing) before he finally decided to stick a knife through its eye into it's brain. He didn't get an actual weight on it yet, but he said it was between 20~25 lbs. He was mad that it ruined his boots, and I suggested that was better much than if it had got a hold of his face. It's hard not to laugh when you hear a story like that, but in the situtation I'm sure he just about pooped his pants-I know I probably would've...

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:04 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

tnridgerunner wrote:
willseeyalater wrote:
Oh Lord, lead him not into walkers or black and tans neither let him stray into redbones, plotts, english or leopard curs. Forgive him if he has a dog that trespasses even as I have to forgive those of mine which tree possums. Give his dog the best brand of daily dog food, even though there's more opinions on that topic than fleas in all of the USA. For hounds are fun for awhile and only awhile until they do something stupid...then you want to kick them so help us not to get that mad. May he find long lasting peace and joy in hunting blueticks and lead him not into snake infested slick tree swamps. Amen.

that was good. REDBONE and black and tans are the way to go.

Thats funny because I will be getting a Redbone and a Black and Tan pup, they'll be my first hounds. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:43 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

pblalock wrote:
Jesus hunts walkers dogs,just haveing fun you got good and bad in all of them.If you put the time in a pit bull he will tree a coon,just keep the hound in the woods :lol he will be fine

i got me a blk an tan and she just dont care much for trackin she'd reather the other dog find it so she can bark at it. And speaking of Pit Bull i got me 1 that is coon crazy. My husband bought her for me at 7 wks old and ive taken her with me ever time i go hunting. Well she picked cooning up fast from watchen my bltic and walkers. Lol. She treed her own coon at 7mo old btw. She is a yr old now and fixing to drop a litter of pup's. We bread here to r Walker. Cant wait to start traing them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:12 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

bluelace i had a pitbull that treed just about anything that went up a tree, i dont know all the coons and squirrels that ole dog treed lol. i always believed that all the hounds has got bull in them some where down the line. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:30 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yea though i walk through the valley of B&T blue tick's shadow of death i will fear no evil for the B&T blue tick's leadeth me to greener pastures and beside still waters full of live oak trees & coons

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:14 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

ive owned just about every coon hound out besides a cur and a lepoard , but have seen them both in the timber !!! ive gotta say i dont know much but ive been doing it since i was just a little critter myself and , the black dogs are more reliable !!! and thats a fact , i do not agree with you about the black dogs starting faster cause ive seen a ton of walkers start around 6 months seen a few black dogs do it but not many !!! the walkers are faster unless you go back to the old black dogs and there just as long legged as a walker , but there are great dogs in any breed its a given !! but im going to stick to the black dogs lol thats what grandaddy said to do any how , he said you wont ever know wether that holstiens going to walk you to death trying to run a skunk up a tree lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

im in middle TN. im alot like you. want a hound bad and not sure wich to go with. im on the scent of a black and tan now. im huntin hard and will soon have em treed. :D as hard as im huntin i would take any help that comes along me being a beginner and all. prayin for patience.if anyone knows of some good pups within driveing distance of nashville give me a shout. looking to trade gun. no cash. hunting trip and holidays have me tapped out. 1-(615)613-1837 text please. i dont answer unknown numbers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I am curious as to the different styles that the dogs hunt. I have heard walkers will hunt fast and far, b&t will hunt close and accurate, blueticks are what everyone seems to want, and a redbone is hit or miss. I agree the are awesome hunters in each one, I am a greenhorn and am still trying figure out the ropes. I have plott curs now, that are doing out the gate with either bear, boar and coon. My grandpa grew up hunting all his life in the ozarks and sierras and he was always in search for that perfect hound, the last set were old mountian curs and a big ole bluetick male. Thank you for endulging the crazy thoughts of a greenhorn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:37 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

There are a lotta guys and gals on this internet that will tell u really quick what is the best breed out there , but like I said before in an earlier post they are all hit and miss , I've owned a bunch of plugs that I thought were silver dollars , and they were to me .. but I tell ya what I've had my hindend smoked like a chesterfield non filter ...lol... No matter what u do there is allways a different dog going to come your way that will just pour it on ya !! Just look how many dogs have doubled back to back world trophies ???? Them walker dogs always get them most votes , and they sure are hard to beat , but it has been done I like them all they call me rainbow cause I always have a different color but guess what ,,, there's all ways a pile of coons at the end of my rainbow Haha have fun with whatever breed u choose to have and let the rest do the bickering

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I like the way you think, when I used to show horses there was that state of mind and I guess my 'rainbow' way of thinking then was what kept me in the ribbons. I didn't care what kind of horse I had as long as I could ride.:)