CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:32 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hay can any1 tell me what i should do. My gyp had these pup's the other day and 1 of them got its foot traped between two boards and losts its front toes. He still has the pad but thats it. Any help would be great. Oh and would it be the best to just go ahead and put the pup down? Oh and these pup's are UKC, AKC an PKC Reg'd so there not mutt's and its a hard choice to make to put 1down u C.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:48 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

nope i wouldnt he may be fine in the long run

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:01 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i would call the vet and ask the vet about it.

Curs Rule

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33dv1i1&s=7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:09 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

crowdogtb wrote:
i would call the vet and ask the vet about it.

well i talked to 2dif vets and thy both said to knock the pup in the head and cut ure lose now be4 it gets older. Well im not heartless so ive been dr him and he is doing fine. He is all healed up now with just half a foot. I talked to alot of ole timers and thy said he should be fine just prob cant hunt him as long as other dogs due to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:12 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

there are people out there that hunt three legged dogs, i think this pup will be perfectly fine.. since he was so young when it happened he will walk on it like it never even happened because it will be normal to him.. may be the best dog you have ever seen in the woods.

Runnin' them hounds til' the sun comes up

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:42 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hay i just wanted to give u a update on Stumpy. Lol yep thats his name now. He is 3wks old now and is doing good geting around just fine so far. He still has half a foot, just no toes, well he does have 1 dew claw on that foot. By the way its the front right foot that he lost his 4 toes on. So thanks for yall replys on him. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:59 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

how exactly did he even get his toes caught and ripped them off?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:41 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

bluelace wrote:
Hay i just wanted to give u a update on Stumpy. Lol yep thats his name now. He is 3wks old now and is doing good geting around just fine so far. He still has half a foot, just no toes, well he does have 1 dew claw on that foot. By the way its the front right foot that he lost his 4 toes on. So thanks for yall replys on him. Thanks again.

thats really good too hear when he starts to really move around let us know how he is doin ole stumpy that name fits him to a tee :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:28 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

pbfloyd wrote:
how exactly did he even get his toes caught and ripped them off?

when my gyp deliverd him she didnt clean the sack of his face. So i got in the to help and when i steped up on the wood floor of r kennal. I guess the lil guy just had his foot between the wood slabs and when i step over by then the wood just pintched his toes. It had only tore the skin off of his toes. Then his toes just fell off. So in other words it was my fault that the lil guy lost his toes. Cuz i didnt finish nailin the floor down all the way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:03 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

the lil Nub is going on 8wks of age now and u dont even no he is missing his 4toes unless u just look at. well thats if u can get hik to be still long enough. in other words he is doing fantastic. he runs and plays with no trouble and the best part about his is u wont have to worry about him climbin a fence or digging out of his pin. ill post again when he get old enough to go t the woods.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:50 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

he'll be fine. i'm sure you figured that out by now. i used to have a blue dog that was missing his whole right front leg. i was told he lost it to a sickle bar mower in a freak accident. he was a great hound and actually faster than some 4 legged dogs. he was a little slow in tall weeds and he could only swim in a circle and i had to wade in and get him out of the creek one night. with only the toes gone, he should be just as nimble as his litter mates. it will give him some character. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:59 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well here is a lilttle up date on the pup, He treed his very first coon tonight and he has a lil trouble on the tree still but other then that he is very fast in the water and he moves alot faster in the mud then the other hounds, over all thou he is going to make 1heck of a coon dog one day, Just wandering thou! If we take him to com hunts and want to show him will the Judges Mark him bad points for haven a limp and no toes on his foot??