CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: hair lose and red bumps
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:38 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

My 16 week old beagle pup is loosing hair around here eyes and has red bumps on her legs and sores and scabs on her face ears stomach and in her arm pits does anyone know what would cause this bedding feed vet said it was cedar chips he gave her shots and gave me stuff to give her but I think she is lookin worse she also smells bad unlike my other dogs any input on this would be greatly appreciated

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:51 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I would say ants but they don't make e lose hair and smell bad. You ight need to see another vet

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:26 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

cooner123 wrote:
My 16 week old beagle pup is loosing hair around here eyes and has red bumps on her legs and sores and scabs on her face ears stomach and in her arm pits does anyone know what would cause this bedding feed vet said it was cedar chips he gave her shots and gave me stuff to give her but I think she is lookin worse she also smells bad unlike my other dogs any input on this would be greatly appreciated

The first obvious thing that ought to knock you between the eyes is RED Mange. But that ought to knock a vet between the eyes too. So you don't trust your vet then you ought to get a real vet instead of knocking around on here what ain't even got smellavision to make awild a s d guess about. Is it itchin and ascratchin? sp . or just losing hair calmlike. Might be puppy mange which normally comes inherited fron the mother of a noaccount litter that some body was willing to invest a nickel in a pup hoping some freakin how they would end up with a world champ to fall out de sky.
Lots of folks on here have fell for the grain free feed and the alergy BS . Again if somebody cannot produce a puppy that cannot toleratate cornbred then that is worse THAN SOMEBODY PRODUCING A NO ACCOUNT LITTER WITH MANGE BECAUSE MANGE CAN BE CURED. But Allergy to grain means you will be buying $55 sacks of grain free feed for that thing for the rest of it's life . Cook some chicken backs in water and let it eat that and the broth for a week or two, If it clears up I would knock it in the head because it is a grain allergy. If it is puppy mange it will outgrow it or you can give it the heartworm preventative that so many are terrified of for sheppards at the same monthly rate but give it daily for a month at minimum or two weeks after you are sure it has cleared up. That would be about 40 times the dose overall so many doogooders on here are worried about, LOL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:17 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Switch your feed to something cheap, low protein. Get the pup off cedar and onto something else. Do this for a week. If it isn't better you've eliminated too much protein (common for causing hair loss in hot weather) and cedar allergies as possible problems. Are you bathing the dog with a shampoo or soap that could cause an allergy? Does it have fleas? I had a lab with a flea allergy and did the whole blame the feed switch the feed nightmare only to find out it was a very light flea infestation. She looked as bad as if she was dying of mange.