CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:34 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

arachyd wrote:
They can suffer problems that are not immediately lethal like organ damage - that is not going to be reflected by the LD information given. If the company has specifically said it is not to be used other than directed on the label and has indicated problems in dogs exposed to it then you take on all the responsibility for the health problems your dog develops. If your dog dies or suffers organ failure the company cannot be sued because you put the stuff on your dog. I found another info page about it- http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/imidacloprid.pdf -that indicates it is a major ingredient in Advantage but even Advantage's label indicates that there is moderate toxicity. If you are going to use it I think the safest way is to figure out the actual amount of it in the correct size tube of Advantage for your dog and figure out the percentage of Imidacloprid in the Tree & Shrub insecticide per cc so you know how much to put on the dog without overdosing. I have used Advantage and it did work very well. Bayer indicates Advantage has 100g/L but I don't know how small those little tubes are.

1st they can also suffer organ damage with advantage. 2nd the company finds out about this they will be doing the same as advantage "try and galdge the customer" the main point here is that advantage/admire all are way to expensive...

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have them bad in the ground, I've used 80% seven dust powder, granules,clorox. Dipping my dogs,by the next day they r back on my dogs. Somebody please help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:47 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

blossum wrote:
I have them bad in the ground, I've used 80% seven dust powder, granules,clorox. Dipping my dogs,by the next day they r back on my dogs. Somebody please help me.

Go to wal-martor lowe's go the garden center. Look for a blue bottle of tree and shrub insecticide concentrate. made by Bayer. Apply about 15cc down the dogs back and make sure it gets to the skin, if they are real bad you can rub some on the belly. Some people are applying about 24 cc when infestations are bad. Also, Fleas will eat seven dust. Try spraying some perimicin concentrate. hope this works if not let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:11 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

2009 and I am still a extremly satisfied customer. This stuff is awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:43 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I bought the stuff last spring after a buddy had used it for a few months what i ended up doing with mine was mixing it into a spray rig and spraying down my kennels and all around the outside of my kennels. i never felt real good about putting it down my dogs back

i just give mine a bath twice a month and use the happy jack dip. i dont have any flea problems

MEL MALONE
TO HECK WITH SAVING SOME FOR SEED...THATS MOTHER NATURES JOB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:07 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I know this is an older thread, but I joined the group just to post on this thread.

Imidacloprid is Imidacloprid is Imidacloprid....... It is what it is. It doesn't matter if it is labeled Advantage or Bayer Advanced tree. It is the exact same stuff. The only difference is that the tree pesticide is a much weaker concentration of the chemical. If Advantage (imidacloprid) doesn't hurt your dog then the weaker tree product won't hurt your dog.
It's like comparing Bayer Aspirin to St. Joseph's Aspirin. Aspirin is Aspirin. They can't call it Aspirin unless it has the exact same chemical make-up as Aspirin. Imidacloprid is Imidacloprid. It has to have the chemical make up of Imidacloprid. The label's name is unimportant. The chemical inside is the exact same except for the fact that the tree formula is watered down more into a weaker concentration. If you realize that, then you wouldn't worry about the tree formula as much as you worried about the Advantage formula.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:09 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I HAVE BEEN USING BAYER TREE AND SHRUB FOR NEARLY TWO YEARS. NO PROBLEMS . WANT EVER USE ANYTHING ELSE. I USE IT ON PUPS AND MY WIFE'S CAT.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:57 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

calicokid wrote:
I HAVE BEEN USING BAYER TREE AND SHRUB FOR NEARLY TWO YEARS. NO PROBLEMS . WANT EVER USE ANYTHING ELSE. I USE IT ON PUPS AND MY WIFE'S CAT.

HE'S TELLING YA THE TRUTH..,.....THERES NOT A FLEA WITHIN A 1/4 MILE OF HIS PENS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i just bought me a bottle but i didn't buy the bayer brand, i bought mine a T.S.C. got a 40 oz. bottle for bout the same price as the 30oz. bottle plus had a discount coupon taped on the side of bottle. just like was mentioned before, its still the same stuff. put it on my dogs a couple days ago, awaiting results. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:05 pm 
IP:
ive tried everything form seven dust to happy jack kennel dip, happy jack flea shampoo and hj flea dust. For the money I have spent im not impressed with the results. the fleas stay gone a few days maybe a week and right back. I have a very clean kennel, concrete runs, houses inside. Im ready to try this, how often do you pour this 12-24oz down the dogs back?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:17 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

termite wrote:
Im ready to try this, how often do you pour this 12-24oz down the dogs back?

Not oz's you put down their back but ML's.

Depending on a large dog, 15 -20 ML's (not OUNCE'S)

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hey folks, wanted to drop a line about [bayer] tree and shrub killer for fleas on dogs. ive try this stuff and it killed one of my dogs. tried on others before and they had seizures. some didnt. i wouldnt recommend using it . ive raised and trained hounds for 35 years. and yes ive tried almost everything out there for fleas and ticks. i get best results from happy jack kennel dip 2. get it from the farmers co-op. mix 1oz to a gallon of h20, or 80z bottle for 16 gallons of h20. can be sprayed on if mixed in a sprayer or used as a dip if you have several dogs. lasts for about 30 days on your dogs . it costs around $20.00 for an 8oz bottle. do not use on cats. just sharing some of my experiances. not an expert, just realistic. thanks for reading, may save your dog.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:52 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Which Tree & Shrub one did you use??????????

Bayer is now making it with the fertilizer.

Dumb question, if you tried it before and it gave some dogs seizures, then why did you use it on your dogs again?

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:25 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

If you killing a dog you must have done that by operator error. This stuff in very diluted. I even use it on a 3 pound Yorkie, no issues.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:07 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Is the fertilizer safe? That's the only thing I'd be worried about. I wanna try this stuff if the fertilizer won't hurt.

&
'PR' Lemoine's Cajun Eli

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next