CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:04 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

TSC up here in Michigan doesn't seem to be stocking Gordon's this year. I luckily bought a couple bottles when they clearanced it in the spring. Got one bottle for $3 and one for 99 cents! When I didn't see it the last few times I went there, I wondered the same thing--they're catching on that people are using it for flea control and would rather make you pay for Frontline!

Wildwood Blues' Fly Christina
Wildwood Blue Menominee Chief

Huntin' the Heck outta Holly Rec!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:21 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

just wanted to put out there that if a dog would have a "side effect" or "organ damage" just remember you can not go back on the manufacturer of the "shrub product" because it is not labeled for use in dogs. if you were to use an "expensive" flea product from the vet it is label for use in dogs and if it did not work or caused a problem with the dog you can contact the manufacturer of that product and get reimbursed. not only could that home made flea product be dangerous to your pet but also to you, your children, and anyone else that comes in contact with it. i would be careful.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:42 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

How much would you use on a cat? that would help me out a lot on my cat she always gets torn up by them during the summer but she can't scratch to get any relief. And no she isn't declawed she got shot through her back hips and her legs don't move far enough to scratch her head anymore.

Curs Rule

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33dv1i1&s=7

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:02 am 
IP:
Careful, weight dosages are completely different for different species. A dose for a 10 pound cat would not be the same as a dose for a 10 pound dog. Apples and oranges.

Post subject: fleas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:15 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Does anyone know if you can still buy the bayer tree and shrub without the fertilizer additives. Not been able to find it in NC. I did find another product that has the same ingredients as the old bayer tree and shrub.I haven't tried it yet though. Just wondering if anyone else has. Got it at tractor supply. Distrubuted by Ragan @ Massey inc.
COMPARE N SAVE systemic tree and shrub insect drench
ingredients 1.47% imidacloprid
98.53% other
It sure is cheaper than the Bayer, just a little under 10 bucks @ Tractor Supply Thanks,Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

HOW much to apply

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:23 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Going to walmart after work to sea if they have it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Leopards
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself" ---Josh Billings

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:59 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Where can I got about getting the cow tags and are they ok to use on beagles..ppl freak out over using the Bayer on dogs reason they say not on pets cause they didn't test on pets..how many ppl use ivermectin injection..for there dogs for worms..or safeguard horse wormer no difference..

Briar busting beagles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

tmaybaugh wrote:
Going to walmart after work to sea if they have it.

Cheaper option with higher concentration here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0048F34IS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:50 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

This stuff is great

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:45 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

This must be the only person having problems. It's the 1st I've ever heard of having problems with this stuff I know at least 50 people around me use this stuff on their pets and never had any problems.
river43 wrote:
hey folks, wanted to drop a line about [bayer] tree and shrub killer for fleas on dogs. ive try this stuff and it killed one of my dogs. tried on others before and they had seizures. some didnt. i wouldnt recommend using it . ive raised and trained hounds for 35 years. and yes ive tried almost everything out there for fleas and ticks. i get best results from happy jack kennel dip 2. get it from the farmers co-op. mix 1oz to a gallon of h20, or 80z bottle for 16 gallons of h20. can be sprayed on if mixed in a sprayer or used as a dip if you have several dogs. lasts for about 30 days on your dogs . it costs around $20.00 for an 8oz bottle. do not use on cats. just sharing some of my experiances. not an expert, just realistic. thanks for reading, may save your dog.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

jip835 wrote:
just wanted to put out there that if a dog would have a "side effect" or "organ damage" just remember you can not go back on the manufacturer of the "shrub product" because it is not labeled for use in dogs. if you were to use an "expensive" flea product from the vet it is label for use in dogs and if it did not work or caused a problem with the dog you can contact the manufacturer of that product and get reimbursed. not only could that home made flea product be dangerous to your pet but also to you, your children, and anyone else that comes in contact with it. i would be careful.

We haven't found an "expensive" product yet that even comes close to Bayers tree & shrub! They messed us up by changing it up.. Hasn't done any damage to our dogs, I'm sure they appreciate it keeping the fleas off!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:44 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

jip835 wrote:
Imidachloriprid,sp/ is what got labeled . If imidichloriprid got labeled through EPA ?then, if imidachloriprig barrel full got shipped to and expensive hallelujah sanctioned "good to go" manufacturer. Versus got into a garden supply ??? do you see what we mean? Yes , you are right , tree and shub is not labeled for fleas on dogs. Check out Salt. salt is not labeled to make food taste better.

So, if I have this right? You would be willing to pay $35 for a prduct that would cost $0.35. Now, we could look at the difference of $34.65 as a built in insurance policy similar to obamma care . the product is safe enough so do you like the overcharging insurance companies that good to point that crap out to us?????

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:45 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have been using it for about 3 yrs. now cant tell it has done anything to my dogs all healthy. no difference 30 yrs ago I used tramisoil hog wormer for heart wormes in dogs. used ivmic for heart worms for years before they started making it for dogs. if you over do anything it will be hard on the organs. I learned a lot when I was working in the vet barn at A & M about what a country boy can make do with on animals that they don't wont the public to no. Seen my on vet use cow and horse medicine on himself for a cold and flew but it says no humaine use.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:58 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

A little LA-200 helps cure a cold, I've even seen it put in coffee