CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:12 pm 
IP:
can any body tell me something else to use for tape worms other than happy jack ..my dog hates em. i figure there is something to buy a tsc or coop to use .just need some help ... thanks

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:22 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

tncoonhunter77 wrote:
can any body tell me something else to use for tape worms other than happy jack ..my dog hates em. i figure there is something to buy a tsc or coop to use .just need some help ... thanks

Use anything with Praziquantel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:33 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I use Zimecterin gold it has the praziquantel in it as the last guy told you .It also has ivermectin in it wich prevents heartworms.I give it to my dogs monthly.About a pea size for a full size coon dog or half of that for a beagle.It is a paste horse wormer and i get mine at TSC. Make sure your dog dont have heartworms before you give it Ivermectin .Ive been told if it has heartworms it will kill it.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:10 pm 
IP:
hey thanks for the help guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:13 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

That Zimecterin gold I checked into. I only found it as a single horse dose for 10 bucks. How many pea size monthly dog doses would that give me?

ATTENTION!! WASHINGTON/OREGON RESIDENTS: Interested in attending Coonhound events in your area? Visit www.wscaonline.com for an event schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've wormed some 8 week old puppies for the first time with Zimectin Gold and was wondering if i should do any follow up worming with it in the next couple of weeks or in a month??? Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:35 pm 
IP:
If it has Prazi in it...I will use it.

I like to manipulate the dogs into doing what ever it is they don't want to do.I wash unruley dogs in the rain.I cut toe nails on certain dogs while they sleep...and mostly I never do one whole paw in the same half hour.

I crush up pills into a powder and mix it with a little broth and water.You pour that into the feed and let it soak in.The dog will never even know it just chowed down those pills.

I squirted Ivomec in a dogs mouth and he hated it.He got to the point he would run circles...I squirted into his feed and the dog never knew he gobbled it up.

Sometimes it's just a matter of being smarter than your dog :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:20 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Our dogs have learned to find whole pills hidden in food like hot dogs and cheese lumps by nibbling with their front teeth. They learned this skill from plush squeaker toys. They nibble till they find the squeaker then squeak the daylights out of it. If food has the tiniest bit of crushed medicine in it they won't eat it (except for their heartworm meds, they don't mind that mixed in canned food-a rare treat). I've gotten around their tricks with one of my own and I don't even have to crush tablets. I make sure there is another dog in the room besides the one getting the medicine. I take 3 pieces of cheese or hot dog and put the pill in 1 of them. I give the sick or wormy dog the piece with the medicine in it while the other dog watches then I quickly follow with another piece of the treat in its face. Dogs are so greedy that it will not waste time looking for a pill, it will swallow quickly and accept the other treat so I don't give it to the other dog. I give the 2nd dog the last piece of cheese or hot dog (wouldn't be fair otherwise, since it watched the other dog getting treats). Do not do this with dogs that don't get along.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:35 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Young dogs running loose can get tapeworm....any dog for that matter. Years ago i had an old school home remedy written down but lost it. My brothers farm dog has tapeworm and were trying to find old school cheap fix. Guarantee if he spends a bunch of money taking her to vet.... she will get smashed by a car the next day. Lol Any help appreciated. Thanks