CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Nephew is addicted
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:28 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

My sister and my 8 yr.old nephew come in from out of town,so spur of the moment I asked if he wanted to go hunt.
Took him a minute to come up with yeah he wanted to go.
Had my blue pup and an older walker and off we go.
Nephews kinda quiet,but he turned into a chatterbox this night.
He went from being tired,to trying to guide us to the dogs.
We made a few trees,seen some coon.And now thats all he's talked about is wanting to go next time he comes.His dad only deer and turkey hunts,grandpas a big time elk,deer and hog hunter.Im the only one that coon hunts..So guess thats going to be our thing.
Its good to see him get so jacked up about something other than a video game.
Was a good night.He had a blast.
Good huntin,and turned a youngster on to the sport.

Future dog handler

Saint and Ticket

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Nephew is addicted
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:22 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

thats good. ur rite at least hes not out causin trouble like some other dumb kids who should b learnin to hunt instead of layin on the couch all the time

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:37 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Little young yet to be out causing trouble,but video games aint allowed at my house.
I think theres too many better things to do with a kiddo than frying what little imagination kids now'a days have on a zombie box.
Fact that as young as he is,and as tired as he was,he was still hyped and anxious for the next time we go.
We enjoyed ourselves.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Its great to hear stories about folks taking kids hunting! My dad never was a big hunter or fisherman. He never had the patience to deer hunt and no one else in my family ever did any other kind of hunting besides deer. My uncle who lived next door ( actually across a field, but next door in the country) and my cousin who was a year older than me always went deer hunting. For christmas when I was about 12 or 13, I asked for and got a 12 ga. And my dad, uncle, cousin and I all went hunting the day after christmas. I was hooked on hunting ever since. Started dog driving for deer when my best friend took me when I was about 18 or 19. Joined a dog club 4 or 5 years ago and went coon hunting for the first time with a guy from the club one night after we deer hunted and was hooked! I now have an almost 9 month old English dog and am in the process of training her. Its amazing to look back now as I'm 29 and see how my uncle taking me still hunting for deer when I was 12 eventually resulted in me falling in love with coon hunting 15 years later! The only way to make sure we preserve our hunting heritage is by sharing our love with the next generation! Keep taking those kids!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:24 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I am 17 years old and have been deer, turkey, and coyote since i could walk and so many kids go home and plop themselves right down on the video game! Oh and now we just got our first coonhound he is redbone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:34 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

hickish wrote:
Little young yet to be out causing trouble,but video games aint allowed at my house.
I think theres too many better things to do with a kiddo than frying what little imagination kids now'a days have on a zombie box.
Fact that as young as he is,and as tired as he was,he was still hyped and anxious for the next time we go.
We enjoyed ourselves.

we never were aloud to play video games, We always were at the barn helping Daddy with the barn work!! I am only 17 but i love being outside coonhunting and working at the barn!! I really think that the best thing for kids is to be outside working or hunting!!:)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:51 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I also have 4 boys that range from 12 yrs down to six years, they have been cdoon hunting with me for about 2 or 3 yrs now and love it. I live in Northern michigan and they are in school during kill season but we were able to talk there mom into letting them hunt during the week now. They all still like there stupid video games which I have never gotten into not even as a kid. i ALSO HUNT REDBONES AS WE HAVE 3 OF them My 2 older aand a pup that my middle age boy had to have. Up here I am hearing more and more people getting out of the sport glad to be helping keep the love alive.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:39 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

im only 13 and coon hunting and rabbit hunting is the only thing i do i hate playing games love to be outside with my dogs run rabbit dogs in the day and coonhounds at night.

Options:
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Disable BBCode
Disable smilies
Do not automatically parse URLs
Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)
Notify me when a reply is posted

Topic review - Nephew is addicted
bobtimm
I also have 4 boys that range from 12 yrs down to six years, they have been cdoon hunting with me for about 2 or 3 yrs now and love it. I live in Northern michigan and they are in school during kill season but we were able to talk there mom into letting them hunt during the week now. They all still like there stupid video games which I have never gotten into not even as a kid. i ALSO HUNT REDBONES AS WE HAVE 3 OF them My 2 older aand a pup that my middle age boy had to have. Up here I am hearing more and more people getting out of the sport glad to be helping keep the love alive.

CaseyHoutz
hickish wrote:
We enjoyed ourselves.

we never were aloud to play video games, We always were at the barn helping Daddy with the barn work!! I am only 17 but i love being outside coonhunting and working at the barn!! I really think that the best thing for kids is to be outside working or hunting!!:)

Redbone456
I am 17 years old and have been deer, turkey, and coyote since i could walk and so many kids go home and plop themselves right down on the video game! Oh and now we just got our first coonhound he is redbone

LexSCcoonhunter
Its great to hear stories about folks taking kids hunting! My dad never was a big hunter or fisherman. He never had the patience to deer hunt and no one else in my family ever did any other kind of hunting besides deer. My uncle who lived next door ( actually across a field, but next door in the country) and my cousin who was a year older than me always went deer hunting. For christmas when I was about 12 or 13, I asked for and got a 12 ga. And my dad, uncle, cousin and I all went hunting the day after christmas. I was hooked on hunting ever since. Started dog driving for deer when my best friend took me when I was about 18 or 19. Joined a dog club 4 or 5 years ago and went coon hunting for the first time with a guy from the club one night after we deer hunted and was hooked! I now have an almost 9 month old English dog and am in the process of training her. Its amazing to look back now as I'm 29 and see how my uncle taking me still hunting for deer when I was 12 eventually resulted in me falling in love with coon hunting 15 years later! The only way to make sure we preserve our hunting heritage is by sharing our love with the next generation! Keep taking those kids!

hickish
We enjoyed ourselves.

love thunder
thats good. ur rite at least hes not out causin trouble like some other dumb kids who should b learnin to hunt instead of layin on the couch all the time

hickish
Post subject: Nephew is addicted
My sister and my 8 yr.old nephew come in from out of town,so spur of the moment I asked if he wanted to go hunt.
Took him a minute to come up with yeah he wanted to go.
Had my blue pup and an older walker and off we go.
Nephews kinda quiet,but he turned into a chatterbox this night.
He went from being tired,to trying to guide us to the dogs.
We made a few trees,seen some coon.And now thats all he's talked about is wanting to go next time he comes.His dad only deer and turkey hunts,grandpas a big time elk,deer and hog hunter.Im the only one that coon hunts..So guess thats going to be our thing.
Its good to see him get so jacked up about something other than a video game.
Was a good night.He had a blast.
Good huntin,and turned a youngster on to the sport.

Future dog handler

Board index » General Forum » Hunting Tales - Stories - PoemsAll times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Jump to:

Click Logo's For CoonDawgs.com Forum Mobile App
FREE APPS Powered By Outdoor Hub LLC