CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:25 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i like it when your huntin and one of your buddies says.... ill climb that tree.... reminds me of when me and a couple of boys was huntin in a holler called barkers fork we treed in a holler tree it was hollow plum to the bottom and my buddy said ill climb that tree and find that coon he gets up there and the coon sure enough is in the bottom of that tree he said ima shoot down there to scare him so he does and it pissed the coon off and that coon come up out of there like a bat out of hell i think he may of soiled his pants on the way down lol...

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:27 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yea trying to shake it out of the cage probably wasnt the best idea,lol ive only had one that didnt wanna come out so i got him to stick his arm in a choke leash and i drug em out

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

A buddy and me where out hunting next to a river. Dogs where way in the heck out there treeing. So we started in, about half way there we could here the dogs coming toward us. Thinking no big deal. Not to long later we could here the coon working his way through the corn field next to us. Not long dogs came. After about ten minutes dogs treed again and didnt sound to far from the truck. U cant get it better then that we thought. And then the fun began. Coon decided that he was a smart sob and treed in the engine compartment. What a mess. He got up in the radiator and raised some heck. Buried himself and we could not pull him out. Well not to long we noticed that he had poked a hole in the radiator. Without knowong what to do about it we decided just to shoot him. Long story short Two holes in the radiator, buddy was a crappy shot. Thank good Diesels run cool 20 miles from home.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:11 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i have a couple good stories lol my brother in law is 10 hes the one in the pic below ... well we went out and were on the edge of a corn feild my dog trees at the back of the feild and no spot to tie him so i hook him up to the lead and hand it to my brother in law....i tell him hold on tight and when i shoot this coon out let him go .....well while i was tryin to get a good bead on this coon he must of got tired of holdin the dog so he hooks the lead to his belt loop .... lol well when that coon dropped my lil bro dropped the lead and my dog made him fly face first into a fence row lol ... the bad part is he still wanted to go out the next night .....bout two weeks later i shot a coon out and it dropped right on his head lol .... the kid still bugs me to go out every night im happy he loves coon huntin so much

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:42 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Well this aint a coon huntin story but me and my buddys was settin around talkin bout snipe huntin and this boy who has never spent any time in the woods says that sounds like fun lol. so we decided to take him out that night with his pillow case and stick. we took him to a spot and told him to get ready and we stepped outta sight and started blowing coyote calls. the boy freaked out and started hollering for us to come get him. next thing we hear is him yell "THE TREE IS FALLIN!!" then a big THUMP. then he yells for the love of god i dont wanna snipe hunt no more. we ran over to see what happened and it turns out we scared him so bad he climbed a tree about 15ft up and it was too small to hold him and he fell out. luckily he didnt get hurt but he still dont know it was just us with calls and that u cant catch snipes with a pillow case and stick lol.Another is me and the same buddys was walkin in the wood openin evening of deer season and we have to walk right by an old barn and as we passed we heard a big racket in the barn that scared the sh*t outta us and it turned out to be a big 6 point we had been watchin with the trail cams bouncing off the walls cause we was right in front of the only way out i ried to get a shot at it with my cross bow but didnt get a clear shot and the whole time my buddy is hollering SHOOT IT SHOOT THE DAMN THING! well it got away it ran so close to me i coulda reach up and grabbed it. the bad part is we found it about three days later with no holes in it so it musta broke its neck tryin to get out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:23 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Some of these stories remind me of the 1st time I ever went coon hunting. I went with a friend and he ended up getting us lost I was the only one w/o waders b/c im a girl and couldnt fit into his. It was about 30 degrees and I ended up I water up to my waist until about 3am when we fired off shots and the other part of our group who had made it into the tree and back heard us and hollered us out. I was hooked :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

well i have 2 1 yr old walkers male and female from same litter. the male has great progress but hte female aint worth the crap that comes out of her ##*%*. my male had an issue with deer his first season and my female followed him where he went but never made a sound. so finally after miles of chasin him on deer and the beatin didnt seem to work i got a new shockin syatem. it came in on the last day of the season and we went lookin for deer to teach him a lesson. well it was the only night we couldnt find deer in the fields so we cut him loose in the middle of a heavy deer field. he picked a scent just inside the wood line and after he ran it for 25 min. and crossed 2 fields i figured he was on a deer and shocked him pretty good,but that s.o.b. kept going and next thing i knew he was treeed on his first coon. felt bad for shockin him on his first one, but he has since come around and been one hell of a dog. the female is on her way out

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:10 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

you guys remind me of the time me and my sister and two other kids and three grownups went out we had 6 pups 5-6 months old with us and old flirt well we were huntin the river bottems and flirt let loose she went one direction the two pups me and my sis had started choppin in the middle of the corn field and the other guy was on the other end of the field with the other pups they had one treed my mom and my step dad was sittin in the van . well anyway me and my sis ran over to the two pups we took with us and sure enough there was a big boar coon he was coverd in mud the pups up to there bellys in mud and every time one of them pups would get to close that darn coon would jump on its head and hold it down in the mud i was only 14 at the time my sis was 12 didnt know any better so i ran up to the coon and pup and i kicked the coon off of the pup the one pup took off on us to go tree with flirt me and my sister were stuck in mud half way up to our knees kicking that coon back and forth cause he kept comming at the both of us i lost my shoe was covered in mud as for sis she didnt loose a shoe but she was just as muddy as i was finelly after what seemed like a century help got there and finished that fight and the pups they enjoyed getting muddy and all of them turned out very good hunting dogs. watson everetts flert frank and dad will always be remendered thanx for reading

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

you guys out there use shockers do they work? my dad used to put the dog in its dog coop with a deer hide and nail a flat bored on the front so the dog cant get out and leave him in there for 2 days or he would take a burning barrow and take it to the top of a hill put the dog in it and deerhide and roll it down the hill bangin it with a stick do that 3-4 times cures em quick dont worry he cant get in trouble for it now cause i lost my dad 14 years ago he was 46 when i lost him. miss u dad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:55 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

lmao funny!