CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:19 pm 
IP:
Gentlemen,

My friend from 1959 {the fourth grade} 'old Randy' called and said he had caught a female coon at the feed store and did I want her?
He said if I had gas to get there he could loan me some money for beer but I said I only had a quarter tank and hated to drive around with my tank on empty. If I ran out of gas, I would loose the car when the cops impounded it because I don't have any money and won't till Monday week. So I let Randy go but then it came to me!

I called him back and said I had two gallons in a tank in the barn for my chain saw and would be there in an hour. I just got home and the hounds Sandymay and von Dukedog were chasing rats in the barn when I came home and were occupied. I took the coon out and left her cage in the dog pen with the gate locked and about 100 seconds later Dukedog opened up with a crazy bark as if to say:
"There's a coon in a little cage in the dog pen get your gun!"
Sandy opened a few seconds later and they have been out there barking their heads off for the time it has taken to drink two beers.

Tonight I'll leave them in the house and take the female coon down to the 'Coon Creek Camp' and dump her out in the pond next to the camp then come home and have dinner. She will come out soaking wet and I'll give her a few hours and take the hounds down there and build a fire and listen to some good music and drink me some beer!

And the devil can take the hinder-most!

Ain't had no beer in a week so this is a good Sunday night for me and the dogs. A free coon to bark at all night is good training.
I won't kill her and she will have a better place to live here on the creek. Rather in town down by the dump.

Wish us luck...♪

Jack the Knife
Sandymay and Dukedog

Join the forum today and remove this ad!