CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ole Jed
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I will admit I love my new Bluetick, his name is Demon and he is the sweetest dog I have ever seen. Heck he loves to wallow all over people, however, when he gets on a coon that is still good and alive folks will realize why we call him Demon. But this story isnt about Demon.

In April of 09 my now fiancee and I bought a Black & Tan male from The Worlds Largest Coon Hunt in Parsons because one of the older dogs died just days earlier. To tell you the truth, I wanted a Bluetick but there were none that suited us. We carried him (thats right) to the water races and I sat down while he stood and looked at me with a "How did I end up with you" look. I was thinking the same thing. He stood funny, his feet pointed outward. But when I was sitting there he came beside me and leaned in on me. Then he laid down and threw his foot on my thigh and looked up at me. "You aint bad pup, you aint bad" I said as I pet him.

Well we made it back to the house and Jed didnt have a pleasant ride. He was car sick. The days flew by and he got older and we finally decided to run him with the other dogs. We went a few times and he did good. Til one night we were hunting and treed and I saw Jed wasnt there! We looked and looked all night for him but had no luck. Jed was just.....gone.

A week passed then a day. I woke up and had a new voice mail on my phone. It was my mom saying "I know where your dog is." Turned out that sucker was less than a mile from his own pen! We went and picked him up and I wanted to cuss him and cry at the same time. he was tired and his nose was raw. We put him in my car because he grew to liking riding only if air conditioner was involved. We put him in the back seat and he stretched out from the back seat to in between the seats. Then just like on cue he leaned on me and threw his big ole foot right back on my thigh. I pet him and said once again "You aint bad pup, you aint bad!"

Now if Jed never makes a dog he will be a good pet. I love him dearly eventhough one of our friends has him now because he has more time to work with a pup.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!