CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:09 am 
IP:
Gentlemen,

Sandymay treed a coon tonight east of my house at the top of a wooded slope.
Duke was barking up the next tree but at the shot and my yell of Coon! He was right there and got to help kill the coon.
So Dukedog has gotten in on a kill and knows what a coon smells, tastes and looks like, and just in time. 28 more days in the season and I have me two coon hounds now.

I have had Sandymay for 5 years and all that time she has been totally tight mouthed.
I never know where she is unless she trees and have taken to staying in one of two camps listening for her to tree.
I feel like I am out in the woods alone but tonight she was barking her head off. Trailing and running as well as treeing and she is coming around. It sounds like two coon dogs in the woods at night and not just one. She has just opened her, so far silent, voice up and sounds like a real coon hound now. It is the strangest thing I have ever seen. They help each other Sandy tought Duke to bark at the door when he wants out or back in. She 'house trained' Dukedog.
And he has changed Sandy from the tight mouthed habit to sounding like a real coon dog bawling her head off all night.

So everything is good.
I'll skin, flesh and stretch the coon tomorrow and that, it so happens, is the day my disability check comes and I can get me some beer too.
Two free coon hounds working together very well, a coon and beer too, with 28 more days to hunt!

Thank you...♪

Jack the Knife
{The Poet}

Join the forum today and remove this ad!