CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: For Sam~
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:08 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I wrote this early this winter from my 14 yr old yellow lab~ I know hes not a reg. coonhound.. but he is one of the best ive ever owned~

Sam’s morning~

As a chill filled the morning air, I arose from my slumber to see my old faithful yellow lab Sam peacefully sleeping in the same place he has rested for the past 14 years. My feet were met with the coolness of the floor as I made my way to the window to peer out into the pre-morning dawn.

As I gazed out the window a heavy coat of hoar frost covered the trees making each one a magical beautiful shimmering frosted work of art. The sky was dark and heavy with fog. My eyes were drawn to the beauty of the morning as the sunrise was on the horizon. Hues of red, orange, yellow, green and purple danced off the frosted trees throwing spectrums of colors through out the cool crisp air.

I stand in awe staring out the window thinking of how beautiful this morning is.
The silence of the house.
The silence of the hoar frost covering the trees.
The beauty of the hoar frost falling off the trees landing gently on the fall leaves and dormant grass, leaving no sign that it had ever existed.

As I stand at the window I feel a warm breath on my hand. My faithful yellow lab arose to take in the beauty of the morning. Our time is not long on earth. I know my Sams time is near. I know I will always think of him when I see the hoar frost. Always beautiful and never lasting long enough. I wonder if I will be remembered like this beautiful morning or if I will simply have just existed?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: For Sam~
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:54 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Susie that was VERY good.thanks for writing it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:27 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thanks for reading it! :D Thank you! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:33 pm 
IP:
Suzie,

Beautifully written and I am still crying.
Well done,

thank you...♪
Jack the Knife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:19 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Sorry Jacktheknife~ Hate to make ya cry~ I just write what i feel~ Sometimes i just gotta write down what Im thinking~ :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:36 am 
IP:
Susie,

I would like to recommend a writing site.
It is the best I have found to learn to write better because
'critiquing others work' is the best way to develop ones own writing skill. You are a natural writer and should well... write.
Writers critique each others work on 'writing forums.org'
'not what they say but how they say it'.
It is real weird at first but it will help you be a better writer.
Check it out

http://www.writingforums.org/

Thank you...♪

Jack the Knife
J. Winters von Knife
{The Poet}

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:49 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

:wink: Thanks for the information~ lol.... Writer... hummmm... I dont know if the world is ready for an old coonhunting womans stories.. lol..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:26 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

SUSIE,That was a wonderful thought of words,thank you for sharing your thoughts about you and sam,I will tell you from the heart,seems like you have a good friend there in sam,and as I sit here and think about the words you have expressed, Im a shame to wonder why you feel like you are just exsiting,you are avery talent person and by the words you have chosen to express to all of us here on coondawgs i can guranntee you are specail to all us here,may the Lord bless you with many blessings my friend,keep your head up and always give thanks the one above, you are more than just the du of mist in fresh air in my eyes....you are a Writer!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:20 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

:D Awwwwwww Thank you Roostermandave~That was kind!! My Ol Sam dog is still here.. layin right behind me as i type~ Been a tuff winter for him~ But hes still hangin on!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Sam’s morning~

As a chill filled the morning air, I arose from my slumber to see my old faithful yellow lab Sam peacefully sleeping in the same place he has rested for the past 14 years. My feet were met with the coolness of the floor as I made my way to the window to peer out into the pre-morning dawn.

As I gazed out the window a heavy coat of hoar frost covered the trees making each a magical beautiful shimmering frosted work of art. The sky was dark and heavy with fog. My eyes were drawn to the beauty of the morning as the sunrise was on the horizon. Hues of red, orange, yellow, green and purple danced off the frosted trees throwing spectrums of colors through out the cool crisp air.

I stand in awe staring out the window thinking of how beautiful this morning is.
The silence of the house.
The silence of the hoar frost covering the trees.
The beauty of the hoar frost falling off the trees landing gently on the fall leaves and dormant grass, leaving no sign that it had ever existed.

As I stand at the window I feel a warm breath on my hand. My faithful yellow lab arose to take in the beauty of the morning. Our time is not long on earth. I know my Sams time is near. I know I will always think of him when I see the hoar frost. Always beautiful and never lasting long enough. I wonder if I will be remembered like this beautiful morning or if I will simply have just existed?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam was put to rest this evening 6-30-11 .. He lost the use of his hind legs and could no longer follow me~ Gotta say it was one of the hardest decisions Ive had to make~ That ole boy has been following me around since 1997~ I will miss him most when i take my walks up north to the woods~ and through the trails~ I wonder how many miles we have put on that old dirtroad and those trails~ I know in my heart it was the right decision but it sure hurts~ Miss my big guy~ I know he will always be watching over me~ He always has~ and he always will~ He will always be my beautiful morning~