CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: coon hunt in wv
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:43 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i live on a holler named teakwood road in the head of this holler it connects to about 6or7 other hollers .... there was five of us hunting that night in a truck and one fourwheeler incase the dogs topped out ... well we turned our hounds out at out barn and they ran straight for the top and crossed out on a track so me and my buddy josh rode the fourwheeler to the ridge to see where they went and when we got to where we could hear them good it was to far to go back for every one else.... so me and josh head down this steep its like a rock cliff we just about slid all the way down and when we got to the dogs wich was a slick tree... we decided we knew where we was and was gona walk out this holler and a half a mile up the hard top to our house .... man was we wrong we must have walked 4miles out of the woods in that holler and then almost got shot turns out we was 10 miles down the back roads of wv and thats a far walk with two big dumb walker hounds that dont know how to lead...."my uncles hounds""i only raise blue dogs" well we call my papa to come get us after gettin away from that crazy mans house and when we got back we had to go get the fourwheeler well the other two boys who were with us had went to find us and my uncle was asleep in his truck ....while we was bustin our buts with his dogs.... man gotta love coon huntin

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: coon hunt in wv
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:15 pm 
IP:
Been on quite a few hunts like that myself. Nights like that get me wondering if it's worth it lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:48 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Man that was a tuff hunt . sounds like some steep hills was you huntin around holden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:03 pm 
IP:
Nope. Don't even know where that is. I hunt in greenrbrier county usually.