CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:46 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This is one of 3 dogs someone near Wisconsin Rapids WI. Left in the he woulds to fend for themselves a few years ago. This one had to be put on a IV in order to survive. My wife adopted her. She can tree bear and squirrel and is a great watch dog. To those who left them in the woods. It shows that you are a worthless human being.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 am 
IP:
davecat,

Whats her name dave?
There are too many good dogs in the world with no place to live. I have only bought two of the many hounds I have ever owned. Cotton Joe and his sister Suemay cost $30. and $35. each 25 years ago. Their picture is right here but so are pictures of all the other hounds I have ever owned, an even dozen all good dogs, and free. I have Sandymay and Dukedog now, a Walker and a Black and Tan and I couldn't be happier with them. Duke was even in the dog pound!
Thanks for taking in the Plott female but don't she have a name yet?
Never mind I am sure she don't care.

Thank you...♪

Jack the Knife

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Her name is Misty and she is a Mnt. Cur. She was scared to death of everything when we got her. She is over that and very well behaved, loves kids and sleeps on the foot of the bed. She loves going to the woods and treeing squirrels. I take her bear hunting a few times a year and she is always at the tree. My wife has 2 others that she rescued also. A terrier mix named Amber and a Bichon mix named Frank. They love pheasant hunting and chasing rabbits and squirrels. Frank enjoys the swimming pool in the summer and retrieves a little goose that is about 5 inches long.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:16 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

thats awsome u saved them my dogs got out of a breeding pen two weeks ago and i couldnt find them anywhere ..... my buddy found em 3 miles from my house treed up in the middle of a field ..... crazy but i woulda never found em didnt think they woulda went that far

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:51 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Glad you found your dogs. You are lucky someone didnt keep them, It happens way too often.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:15 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

yea around me it dont if sumone gets a new hound everyone stops by to check it out i was just hapy they didnt get hit on the rd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:55 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Its a shame people abandon their animals, but keep in mind its not always the case,some run away from being in heat, some get lost from their owners,all in all from your story you have told, I believe the good lord brought them out to you for a reason,and Im glad the dog has a good home now, people like you I say thank you ,love them thats all they need....