CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: swamp things
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hey friends , i was talkin to this old coon hunter down the road the other day , and he was telling me this story ! and i was wondering if you have ever experinced anything close to it ...lol... he is drop dead serious , he said he was down in a swamp down in mississipi he was hunting on 4 wheelers , and he was plesure hunting before a night hunt or something , said he cut the dog loose out of the box and he went down about a hundred yards struck , and tucked tail back toward him , said he knew something was up .. the dog hit the back of the box !! well he scrached his chin and looked down the 4 wheeler trail and hurd a loud growl like sound about 30 to 45 yards down the way , and he he got spooked and jumped on the back of the 4 wheeler and took off back up a steep hill and it was getting closer and closer !! he said he looked back and it took a swing at him and slashed his dog box and he kicked another gear and got out of there .....lol... know i know it sounds crazy and i know its prob just one of them old timer storys , just messin with me but he swears up and down he saw a sasquach and i started rollin on the ground !!! lol i said really what do u think it was and he said it was that or a monkey of some kind !! lol he sounded like he would put his life on it .... let me know thanks jeremy

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: swamp things
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:50 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I don't know about all that.. But i did have a big ole male black dog get tore up pretty bad once. And by pretty bad i mean the doc had to put about 83 stitches in him.. About 15 miles south of Vicksburg in Yokena back on Campbell Swamp. This was some 13 years ago now.. I know what did it as i seen it. Big ole wild whompas cat. Black dog on his back, big ole cat with both paws on his chest.. That dog was a heavy SOB to carry back to the truck on my shoulders.. He pulled through but he never hunted again. Ruined one of the most versatile dogs i had.. He'd run coon by night and deer by day and never the opposite. MDWFP said there was no such thing... Guess i don't feel so bad about putting 3-4 longs in it's side as a ran up there then...

Post subject: Re: swamp things
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i dont blame you a bit , sorry about your hound !! im still new to having one of my own dogs been hunting for awhile now just resently got my own pups im sure if something like that happens to me i would be heart broke and scared at the same time !! lol but i guess that is what hooks us right