CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:51 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Good you are both okay.

Oregon http://www.bayingbriars.com/

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Just this past summer I was out working with a young dog at night in a huge swamp that's famous for having a bigfoot like monster in it, and is for sure full of wild hogs. The place is real thick too, hurricane tore it up a few years ago, so there's trees down everywhere.

I was really just walking down a trail with the dog - she didn't get too far away from me, and she started working al over this brushpile like she smelled something in it, and so I watched her for a while and she kept at it, so I go up to the brushpile and get down on my hands and knees to look underneath, and about a foot away there's two big old white eyes looking right at me. I liked to have to jumped out of my skin getting out of there! Turned out to be a couple of them stupid reflective thumbtacks someone had stuck in a tree trunk one above the other and then the tree had fallen and was buried under limbs and all and now the tacks were horizontal like a set of eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:25 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Zip7, that was funny! I can relate :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:10 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

New to Coon Hunting and very much scared of anything and everything, I was out on my second hunt with my other half's redbone and his sister's Blue Tick she is a Family pet now no longer allowed to hunt with RED or anyone of us. Anyways back to the story. So I was bringing up the back since Pat was leading and he had his 2 nephews with us and I decided to keep back so I knew they where still with us and not out wondering, WE were all Running after the Bluetick that was on a deer, and RED was somewhere Treeing a Coon and I was getting pretty paranoid about being out there in the dark, I wanted to get the Dogs and get out of there, I hear this Loud rushing sound coming up from behide me and and the Boys where far ahead and I was thinking it was a BIG FOOT out to take me away and or a Bear ( mind was playing tricks on me) As soon as I heard the Noise I seen the Bluetick run by me, OK so We were chasing her but really she was chasing us... Not scary to most, but I freaked out pretty bad My Heart pounded all the out of the woods. ha ha

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:57 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

zip7, hunting with a buddy of my one nite and my old dog got treed but his pup would not come in to the tree so he walked out from the tree about 50 yd. and was getting mad b/c his pup was just standing there looking at him and would not come to him,he called and called and he was kicking and stomping the ground he told me he was going to kill that stupid dog so he walked over to the pup and it was not the pup it was some of the same reflective tacks that you were talking about, and to make things worst the pup was waiting at the truck when we got there. now who was stupid.

GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH JUDY
PKC SILVER CHAMPION,,,,,,,,,, ACHA NITE CHAMPION
ACHA ALABAMA STATE CHAMPION
TRUE STORY ,,, THAT'S RIGHT ,,, NO-NONSENSE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:58 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

HunterandRED wrote:
I hear this Loud rushing sound coming up from behide me and and the Boys where far ahead and I was thinking it was a BIG FOOT out to take me away and or a Bear ( mind was playing tricks on me) As soon as I heard the Noise I seen the Bluetick run by me, OK so We were chasing her but really she was chasing us... Not scary to most, but I freaked out pretty bad My Heart pounded all the out of the woods. ha ha

Our minds are the scarest places out in the woods, HunterandRED! Dogs do that circling around thing a lot. I assume those noising coming up on me are from the dog now and haven't been wrong yet. One of the first times hunting up in the mountains, back when I carried a 12 guage out of pure fear of being alone up there, I was startled by a stange orange apparition which had appeared behind me, I crept silently through the thick forest to investigate...it was the moon rising!
It is amazing Huckleberry lived through my early nights. Why not shooting at what you do not see is so important. LOL

Good luck, keep going and you learn to reign in your imagination.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:31 pm 
IP:
payroll01 wrote:
zip7, hunting with a buddy of my one nite and my old dog got treed but his pup would not come in to the tree so he walked out from the tree about 50 yd. and was getting mad b/c his pup was just standing there looking at him and would not come to him,he called and called and he was kicking and stomping the ground he told me he was going to kill that stupid dog so he walked over to the pup and it was not the pup it was some of the same reflective tacks that you were talking about, and to make things worst the pup was waiting at the truck when we got there. now who was stupid.

Thats funny right there.The first time I took Spook out by himself was about like that.I hear another dog treed a section over and thought Spook took off to find the dog.I hadn't seen Spook for 20 or so minutes.I was kind of hot that Spook would leave and go look for another dog.

I drive over and walk half the section to the walker...treed on an empty sapling :lol: but no Spook.
After calling around the owners came walking up guns-a-pointed at me.I get them to realize I am not trying to steal the dog and I find they were tresspassing LOL!!

Now it's been over an hour since I saw Spook.I got Mom and my Step-dad out looking for an hour.Well Mom drops off my step-dad and heads back to the pond I dropped Spook at,which just happens to be half a click from Moms house.She said when she pulled up Spook was laying under the picnic table.A few minutes later I pull up and figure out he was at the pon the whole time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:58 am 
IP:
At the time it was Stupidity than Scary but,I was about 24 at the time,and I was deer hunting at the narrows with a buddy of mine one morning at a place I'd never been,and on the way out I got turned arround and came through this 4 or 5 year old cut over.I've got a 308 ruger,and had emptied the shells from my rilfle,but forgot about the one I had chambered,I know that the safety was on,but sometime while walking through the cut over I must have bumped it just right and turned the safety off,I went to duck under a low hanging pine tree limb,and snagged my rifle.I pulled it free and at that second it went off,the barrell was pointed up and the bullet knocked my Indiana Jones style hat off my head.It hit about an inch from the brim.I was shaking so bad I just sat down for about an hour.Man I was sick at my stomache the rest of the day just thinking about what had almost happened to me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:37 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

that happened to one of my dads friends. except it was about an inch from is forehead!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:47 am 
IP:
Me and my friend (ugaruffneck) where hunting on my uncles land and it was near a church.. anywho, we were B.S on the tailgate.. the dogs treed... we were lettin them tree... next thing we know we hear someone talkin... we go in there.. no body... of course it freaked me the hell out... not him he finds that crap interestin... so a week later we let the dogs go.. we drive up to the church parkin lot were we can hear everything better that and the road to the back part is rite by the grave yard.. we drive up there B.S again.. this time we were leanin on the hood... We heard a littlle girl scream... not far as in maybe 20 yards.. till the day I die.. I will allways believe both accounts were ghosts.. anywho he didn't find that ghost to interestin :lol: we left quick fast and in a hurry..

I've seen yotes, bobs, and had my light cut out on me.. that was pretty scary but not like the little girl.. that ghost crap just scares the **** out of me...

god bless and safe hunting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:18 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

LOL, no_bablin, maybe that's why the rules in Oregon specifically say no hunting in cemetaries...so the ghosts aren't bothered! That'd scare me, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:03 pm 
IP:
Libby wrote:
LOL, no_bablin, maybe that's why the rules in Oregon specifically say no hunting in cemetaries...so the ghosts aren't bothered! That'd scare me, too.

lol.. very true.. truth be told even though it has a heep of coons I have yet to cut my dogs loose over there.. no joke lol.. I don't like that scary feeling lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Opening day of the 08 deer hunting season me and my youth minister from church are sittin on a big hillside you can watch bout a 2 mile strip pit! were sittin there talking and bein idiots, lol, we hear daggum coyotes runnin around behind us bout 20 yrds. We go back to talkin again and 10 yards or less behind us 5 coyotes pass by! by now im breathin hard like im bouts to get killed or something,lol! but one stops and is growlin and staring at us like were about to get eat! i stand up, pull the hammer back on my single shot thompson center ( this thing is still standin here) I set them crosshairs between his eyes and send that son of a gun rollin! most of the time a daggum yote is skeered of a human but i guess these were rabid or sumthin! but bout 20 mins later they come back buy and sniff around the dead one but dont get too close! :lol: That day we saw 26 deer, we killed 4 does and a coyote! Hows that for a day of huntin??? But one thing i am skeered of is gettin lost in the woods at night! so most of the time i wont go hunin them ringtails by myself! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:54 am 
IP:
Scariest thing that has ever happen to me was I went out coon hunting I went to state land like I have done million of time. I dropped my dog waited for them to tree. I started to walk into them everything just like normal looked for the coon popped the coon out and leashed up the dogs and head back to the truck and out of nowhere I met these two guys in the wood. It scared me to death. Not think I just kept walking they called out and I called back they came over and asked what I was doing I told them coon hunting and told them I had to go. I took off throw the woods I looked back it felt like these guy were following me so I walked faster when I really don’t know what they where doing out there in the middle of the night but being a girl in the wood alone I wasn’t staying around to ask any questions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:38 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

MY buddy Matt and i went hunting across the road the a while back. We were hunting my pup and his pup well they got down on the river and we stopped to listen we were not far away then we here about 10-15 coyotte's start yelpin, then they starting fighting right were r dogs were and we RAN toward them but they came in to us before we got to them, they were pretty scared i know i was i though them yotes was going to kill my pup we got them and got out of there.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 5&ref=name
http://www.myspace.com/bamaguy619

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next