CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:33 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

yeah member that well. bout how we got lost also

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:10 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

yall was lost about 100 yeards from the truck..lol,lol, :lol: :lol: :lol:

GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH JUDY
PKC SILVER CHAMPION,,,,,,,,,, ACHA NITE CHAMPION
ACHA ALABAMA STATE CHAMPION
TRUE STORY ,,, THAT'S RIGHT ,,, NO-NONSENSE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:20 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Buy you a GPS,and believe what it says.When you argue with it it'll prove you to be a liar,and you'll be out all night.Best $100.00 I ever spent

Cane Creek Kennels
Home of
Little River Stylish Jazmen
YU-GI-OH's Country Road Block

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:55 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

my dog slick treeing. lol,lol,lol,ha,ha, :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:46 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

HEY PAYROLL01 ME AND LOOPYDAWG WAS A LITTLE MORE THAN A 100 YARDS MORE LIKE A MILE AND I WAS HAVEING TO LISTEN TO LOOPYDAWG WINE ABOUT WAT WAS GOING GET HIM. U KNOW HE IS SCARED OF THE DARK :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 5&ref=name
http://www.myspace.com/bamaguy619

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:07 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Seems I've read alot about Loopy dawg whineing on here????

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:50 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

BAMABOY999 wrote:
HEY PAYROLL01 ME AND LOOPYDAWG WAS A LITTLE MORE THAN A 100 YARDS MORE LIKE A MILE AND I WAS HAVEING TO LISTEN TO LOOPYDAWG WINE ABOUT WAT WAS GOING GET HIM. U KNOW HE IS SCARED OF THE DARK :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trey im gonna quit hunting with you. you get lost by yourself so it dont matter. hey you suppoded to be quite about that pinky promise's

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:30 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

hey loopy i dont get lost ALL the time just MOST of the time and the pinky promise was not broken :) :D :lol: :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:42 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

just wanting to hear some stories about the strangest or scariest thing that have occured to peps while hunting.mine was about 18yrs ago.me and a friend went to a wma called wattensaw coon hunting one night and lost our compass and got lost.we wondered around for hour before finding this grown up logging rd.we started walking it hoping to find a way out and we came up on this old man setting on the tailgate of this old truck drinking some whiskey and smoking a cigg.he asked if we treed anything and if we were lost? we said yes and he said he would take us to our truck.it was about 3 miles away.on the way he looked over at my buddy and said,mark hows your mom and dad doin?mark asked him how he knew him and he told him he was his grandpa[his dads father]. well they talked for a bit when we got to the truck.it was 3am and we had to be at work at 6am so we left.that afternoon we went by marks moms house and told her what happened and she said mark,your grandpa has been dead 20 or 30yrs. now either somebody pulled a huge prank or GOD sent his grandpa to help us out.now it still after this long gives me chills.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:06 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

about two years ago, one of my loose hounds and our 3 house dogs got onto a coyote..... to say the least it was a pretty short chase to a sinkhole with a limestone ledge. So, when i saw that the dogs weren't going to leave, i got a great idea, "why not get the .22...." dumb idea.
So, i went back to the house and got the .22 and when i got back, i saw that i couldn't get a shot on the coyote from the lip of the sinkhole, so i went ahead and started to try to ease down, well, the side was wet, and i started to slide in, and the coyote must have took this as a threat because it took off from the ledge and tried to rip off my leg.... bad idea, i somehow got my .22 marlin up and on target(thank god for marlin 60's!!!) and let off 5 shots... i probably would have gone more but i had ran out of ammo..... but 4 out of the five were head shots, so not much fight there. and about the dogs... they never so much as moved, they knew i was boss!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:33 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I turn my hound loose up a creek and I went a sat on a hill side so I could here everything good. I sat there for a while and I could here rocks in the creek being turn over or moving around.I thought it was my dog, then all at once something came up behind me real fast it sound hugh.I jump up and went to screaming like a little sissy.It turned out to be my dog.What was making all the noise in the creek I didn't know.Being already scared I caught my dog and started home.On the way out, a rabbit jumped up in front of me and I screamed again.Once you get scared you stay scared.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

me my cousin and 2 buddies hiked 3 1/2 4 miles into the adirondacks and posted up camp to stay over night and bear/deer hunting the morning. we hiked in ,in the dark and got set up sat around the fire etc etc b.s'in and we went to bed and woke up and we had 2 tents my cousin and a buddy in one and me and other buddy in the other. we woke up the next morning.. o by th way the wind is nuts up that far in the woods. and ya litterally can touch your nose with your hand and still cant see it thats how dark it was... any ways we woke up and it was raining wiked hard and we were soaked after breakfest and said screw this and began packing up and noticed a prolly 35-48' around dead tree had fallin some time during the only 4 hours of sleep i got. and had missed our tent by literally 2 feet. we reliized how lucky we acutally were to not have died that night... and to top it all off not a one of us seen a deer or bear. never do that trip ever again.! some of you guys storys are awsome . keep em comin.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:31 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I was hunting one nite in the arbuckle mountains,oklahoma anyways i had 2 walkers brother and sister pair bout 8 months old (were treeing coon on there own sense 4 months) this was prob. 22 yrs ago, just me and the dogs, luke the male was working the track i wasnt far from them and all the sudden i heard this freakin blood curdling scream,whatever it was wasnt 20 or 30 yds from me ,i thought mntn lion ,scared the sh1t outa me worse than anything in my life before this lol turns out it was my gyp lukes sister,that was the first time she had ever opened up on track,she always tree,d but not tracked FREAKED ME OUT,literally made me sick to my stomach lol and im not one to get jumped like that best 2 dogs i ever owned miss them to this day, great hunting to all and be careful peace p.s. the gyps voice sounded like nothing id ever heard before or sense and both were LOUD she,d put goose bumps on ya everytime she squauled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

when i was a kid years ago i was going deer hunting with my dad and as he loved to do we hunted mornings. i also must add that here in north ga the mountains are covered with laurel thicket. so much so my hometown has a mtn laurel festival. anyhow we were crawling through a patch to get to our spot the morning i shot my first deer. i was 8. we were crawling through the thicket and bumped a flock of turkeys. 5 am an hour and a half before day light. talk about racket, they werent but damn 10 feet from us i remember me dern near sh*tn all over myself my dad was just laughin his ##*%* off. he had been hunting in that spot for years he had done it several times must have known it was coming. to this day i still hunt that spot ill say i kick that ol flock up about half the times i travel through there.

(706) 867-5590
http://www.nighttrainkennels.wix.com/nighttrainkennels
http://www.facebook.com/AsuitsNightTrainHoundKennels

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:58 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Back in the 1970's me and buddy, I was prolly 12 and he 15, we went down on the east fork of the trinity river to camp out and hunt. We left his car and walked down to the bottoms. He had a 2 man tent that we set up and made camp before dark. We say around camp and ate and after dark set of to hunt. I had a young australian shepherd I took with us. After awhile of spot lighting with a flash light we came up on a skunk so I shot it with my 20 ga before the dog could get it. When I shot the dog ran off and we did nOt see her the rest of the night. Ok here comes the scary part. We went back to camp and found our tent gone, everything was gone. We thought we were in the right spot so we started looking around And sure nuff we found a tent stake on the ground . Us being kids we thought someone was in the woods watching us so we high tailed in back to the car. We went back to my house and was telling my dad about this. He could not believe this. After some talking we found out that my uncle( dads little brother) and a friend of his had found out we were down there. Yep, they had slipped in and took our tent as a joke. We were pissed off and my dad was pissed. Dad made them go back that night and set our tent and cAmp back up. We stayed all night , turned out great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next