CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Coonhunting poem!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:18 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Down in the valley where the farmers corn grows there the trail begins and where it ends... some may never know! The old wise coon will play his tricks one by one and the hounds will hunt before the rising sun!! I hear my hounds bawlin trail they will not stop till they prevail! The trail is heard there voices rough the coon keeps going and showing us his stuff! The winds blow softly through the trees as I wait to hear the bawl of tree for the trails end is near! And then I hear it the most beatiful sounds the voices of my hounds, As I get to the tree I look up and am sure to see the old wise coon looking down and grinning at me, As though there is still one more thing to be done as I raise my gun I look up and the coons face looking at me..as if to say please do not shoot me. And then I know that I can not pull the trigger to end the hunt, instead I say come on boys our work here is done! As I look back to that day I still see that coons face if it was up to me I still say that old wise coon was a grinning at me!!!:)

This is a poem that I had penned down for a while now!!!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK!!:)

GOD BLESS!

Casey Houtz.

caseyhoutz@yahoo.com

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:48 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

great poem casey i wished it was longer, you brought everybody right along with ya for a coon hunt. thank you :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:29 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

skeets wrote:
great poem casey i wished it was longer, you brought everybody right along with ya for a coon hunt. thank you :D

Thanks! I do have stories that I have written down only they would most likley be longer than this poem!! The one story that I have written down about me hunting my young pup in the morning and it's 8 pages long!!! My dad said that I should send it in to the coonhound bloodlines, but i'll wait and see!!! Thanks for the nice complament!!!!