CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

alright, so me and two of my buddies are hunting in this new woods weve never been to before...we turn our dogs out and after about 10 minutes all three are baw;ing treed... when we get in to em they are on a den tree about 40 foot high. this pissed off my buddy which isnt the smallest of fellas so kicked the tree knocking some of the bark off. this gave us the idea to start chipping away at the tree with a stick to get a hole big enough to shine up into the tree to look for the coon. during this time we didnt realize that blake(my large friend) disappeared. he came back about 3 minutes later with a huge rock outta the creek. and started slammin away at this tree untill he had a good hunk outta it then all three of us managed to push that damn tree over. it busted on the groundwith no sign of a coon anywhere, but my dog was going nuts on the end of her lead so i turned her out right there next to busted logs of that tree and she started burrowing her way under one of the logs till only her tail was showing. i turned of the log and sure enough there sat 3 coons full of life, and the fight was on, now i dont care how tuff you say your dog is 3 fully alive cppns against one dog is a recipe for disaster, so i tear in there trying to get these coons off my dog slipping and sliding down the hill into a creek, we managed to get all the coons killed. but i was soaking wet and wore out from all the comotion, all for a 5 dollar coon lol...just figured id share

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:58 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

lol thats a very good night indeed. I have had a few of those nights, and well when its cold and that water hits ya. it aint to bad while your heart is pumpin but after the fight and the laughs are over you relize just how wet and cold you really are. lol keep im hunting!