CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Lily boo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:17 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Ok guys I have this Lil red bone she is almost a year old. I have had her in the woods the last 5 nights she has treed 3 coons. If only she'd get off my side I'm sure she would get a lot more. She did hit one grinner on the ground but she called right off of it! She is my first coon dog I have raised from a puppy. I have not had much help, iv run her a hand full of times with other dogs but at that time she wasn't to keen on helping or joining the other dogs! By her self I believe she is doing amazing , she will never be a comp dog and I know this!! Her faults she uses her eyes way to much, she is a hot nosed dog, she doesn't hunt very deep! But all and all I'm proud of her and what she is becoming!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Lily boo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:26 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

This is the one from tonight! Note the little blue puppy that she has to contend with in the box and the woods!! Not a bad sized Louisiana coon either huh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:34 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Well ur red pup doing better than mine, I think he is big game material. He more interested in anything bigger than him. He been after cattle,horses,and my house dogs, a big rott and 170lbs fila brasielero. Any way your picture looks good, lil'blue pup looks shot,LOL, how's he keeping up?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

The pup is doing good!! He tries to stay up with the red dog but when she cuts off into the woods he can't go... has a Lil bit of trouble trying to conquer the timber!! Last night when I shot the coon down.... two shots with yes my pellet rifle .... he was right under where the coon was going to land. When I grabbed him up the poor Lil guy had a heart attack ! Thought something was going to eat him I'm sure... when the coon hit the ground he was right up there with the red dog chewing on it... seems to like it but he is still young only time will tell!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:41 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

As for ur pup ya I would run that sun of a buck on some coyotes. Let him catch one of those that will get him focused and stop ##*%* with off game.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

That's funny scooping up that lil'guy.... yup I've put all the E-collar gots to that pup and it twitches his whole neck area and don't phase'em. He bumps the electronic fences and don't look back, I think dogs got the drive for big game but the only big game round hereIsn't game at all. You wanna run'em on them hogs down there ? I'll take that blue pup off ur hands??????? Well worth asking. LoL. We did get 5 nice coon last nite, one teal nice silver one. Definitely choice. Brian's dog Ruby did all the work. AGAIN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:00 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

So I'm really wondering how in the hello I get this Damn dog to leave my side!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

If ya got anyone around with dog that gets deep thats worked for me with old close hunter and that red pup I got. My ol'blue dog used to be within leg humping distance alot, when I started running her with Ruby she get gone. Mite of been a little more security to get out there, but the more we run'em its more of competive thing bout who gonna get coon. You got anyone around to run her with. Don't know if ya had ur wife walk out deep or you & then turn her out, used to do things like that for the send away in Shutzhund training.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

when shes hangimg around dont pay her any attention eventually she should get bored and wander off. or hound that goes deep, lotta guys do different things ive seen the ignoring them trick more than once, leash her and recast might work to