CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:43 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Me and my nephew were sittin around the house on Saturday evening. I looked at him and asked if he wanted to run Ole' Slim with me. So we went. Now you have to understand coon huntin in my family pretty much died when my uncle Delmer did. I was the only one who had been in the past 12 years. Well we got my lights and took his gun and set out. We cut the dog loose in a little bit of a clearing. As soon as we cut our lights off he tore off like a flash.
Now the dog is dang near silent on the trail I hate it. Well about 10 minutes later he has one treed. So me and my nephew cut on down this big old holler. This country was rough as a corn cob I tell ya. Well we got down to the bottom of the holler after bustin our tails about 3 times a piece. We finally get to the tree about an hour and a half after cuttin him loose and he's got a big ol' boar up there in the tree and he's mad. It being my nephews first hunt I let him shoot him out. Needless to say he fell in love. On the way home he asked me " Can we go again tomorrow?" Of course my sister said no it being a school night. That youngin' has asked me about it every night since then.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:03 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Old slim wouldn't happen to be a younger walker out of stylish Zeke would he? Just wondering because I had a silent on track dog named slim

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:31 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

That's great. Next youll have a new dog in your kennell. Lol that's how its starts.

Pr big river midnight alibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

petebill wrote:
Old slim wouldn't happen to be a younger walker out of stylish Zeke would he? Just wondering because I had a silent on track dog named slim

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

No Ole' Slim is a B&T Walker cross. He's about 2 years old

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

fsa142 wrote:
That's great. Next youll have a new dog in your kennell. Lol that's how its starts.

That's what I'm hoping when I get my taxes back.My buddy has some real nice Bluetick hounds.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Took him again tonight. Let me start out by saying we live on a 150 acre farm. So we turned the dog out. He starts sniffing around and then he takes off wide open. He might have made two little yips the whole time he was on the trail. Anyway he headed in the general direction of the house. Well he treed one and I look at little man and say is he where I think he is. Sure enough we get to the dog and he has on treed right by my other dogs pen. We got to the house and didn't know what the hell to do. Little man ran in and got pap and asked him whether or not to shoot it out or leave it be. So here this 69 year old Irish man comes out of the house and he's just as excited as the dog is. Before we can ask him what to do he draws his pistol and shot the coon out. After this happened my nephew chickened out of the rest of the trip. So I'm sitting here irritated because my hunting partner bailed and I figured we should let the coon be.