CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Girlfriends' first hunt
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Last night I took my girlfriend out for her first time running the dogs. Loaded up the ol' redtick, Kate, and set out. After finally reaching my area to hunt, I cut Kate loose and she wouldn't run, there was something in the woods she wasn't messing with. After some coaxing she finally took off, about 5 to 10 mins later she treed on the backside of the property. After reaching the tree, I looked and looked but just couldn't find the ol ringtail, then I looked in the forks of one side and believed to have saw him, after taking the first shot, we were shot at from a nearby house by a shotgun, it doesn't make sense, we weren't on his property and we weren't bothering him, and he knows I hunt back there, I don't know why he would do that, I pulled Kate from the tree and left, I wouldn't let my girl be in the woods with that nonsense going on. It sucks that her first time, turned out to be a bad expierence..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

CH "PR" Nichols Sweet Sugar

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Just a thought since you said Kate didn't want to mess with something that was out there. Maybe something else out there had the guy spooked before you fired the shot he responded to?

(And yeah, I'm thinking Bigfoot. :) There are lots of stories about dogs refusing to go in the woods or hunt if they sense Bigfoots around and lots of stories about Bigfoots messing with folks by smacking the sides of their houses at night and such. Don't know why the guy would think Bigfoot was shooting at him, though!)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hahaha, no, I doubt it was bigfoot, I ain't heard of any being around here anyhow, but thanks for that second thought, I did hear a coyote crack off before I came to the tree, but I'm not sure, we were maybe 150-200 yards from the guys house, but it's very well possible, and I highly doubt he heard my shot, I use CBEE 22 shells in my rifle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I was mostly joking about Bigfoot in this post (wrote the other post about them afterwards, when I saw one from someone asking if anyone believed in them). The day Bigfoots learn how to shoot, I'm taking a long vacation from the woods!

Maybe just scaring off coyotes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I don't know, but if he does it again, he's going to have a bad day. that's all I'm sayin' lol