The chase has begun.

Mist swirls as the hounds
break it's barrier

This is what a houndsman lives for
watching his work and time
use it's nose to find the goal.

Living the life of adventure
one scent at a time.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Morning Hunt~Poem
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:42 am 
IP:
Wild Haven Kennels,

That's a good one.
Where are you in California? I live in Texas but may move out there.
Hows the hunting, and are there lots of coon?

Thank you...

Jack the Knife

Post subject: Morning Hunt~Poem
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hello Jack the knife,

Thank you! The hunting here for coon can be hit or miss. Depends on if the area is leased or hunted a lot by others. What part of Cali are you looking to head to?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:58 am 
IP:
Wild Haven Kennels,

My sister lives in New Port Beach, and my uncle in Darwin.
{Death valley} I would move way Northeast I guess but have no idea.
Too many people in New port Beach and too hot with no trees or coon either in Death valley. I understand the climate is different every 20 miles you go. Micro climates they are called and I would like cool weather, a good bit of rain but not as much as Oregon.
I love where I live now in Texas which is at the dead end of a road, surrounded by flood land on three sides and right by a creek. 'My 25 acres' has been my home for half of my life and I would hate to leave it. 15 acres wooded and 10 in pasture, a good garden and even though there are over a million people in Dallas county I never see people in the woods. I know all the land owners around here and have the woods to myself all winter. But I have barely survived being murdered four times in the last 11 years and I am getting tired of it. Once by three white trash who died in prison in 2002 and the second, third and fourth times by five short, fat, cowardly cops who are going to prison for conspiracy, ie. 99.5 years. Maybe it is time I looked into a different place to live.

Thanks...

Jack the Knife
http://jacksknifeshop.tripod.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:14 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

jacktheknife wrote:
Wild Haven Kennels,

Too many people in New port Beach and too hot with no trees or coon either in Death valley. I understand the climate is different every 20 miles you go. Micro climates they are called and I would like cool weather, a good bit of rain but not as much as Oregon.
I love where I live now in Texas which is at the dead end of a road, surrounded by flood land on three sides and right by a creek. 'My 25 acres' has been my home for half of my life and I would hate to leave it. 15 acres wooded and 10 in pasture, a good garden and even though there are over a million people in Dallas county I never see people in the woods. I know all the land owners around here and have the woods to myself all winter. But I have barely survived being murdered four times in the last 11 years and I am getting tired of it. Once by three white trash who died in prison in 2002 and the second, third and fourth times by five short, fat, cowardly cops who are going to prison for conspiracy, ie. 99.5 years. Maybe it is time I looked into a different place to live.

Thanks...

Jack the Knife

Wow! I went to your link and listened to your story.. I really would love to order one!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:26 pm 
IP:
JacobB64,

I am just getting back on the knives after a lot of home repairs
and would ask if you want a skinner, a stabber or a rail road spike knife but I will post pictures on my soon to be 'New and Improved' web site of each so you can see them.
I have 31 knives hardened, tempered and ready to handle and will use them {all perfect designs} to mark the new load of blade steel as soon as I can come up with enough money to buy it. Then I'll have 31 knives for sale, $35. -$40.

Thanks for asking...

Jack the Knife

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

[quote="jacktheknife"]Wild Haven Kennels,

Thanks...

Jack the knife, that is one heck of a story! I am blade person myself. I have my grandfather's first pocket knife. I can understand why you would want to move. Almost murdered four times is crazy. I have been shot at but nothing like that. Sorry to hear about ur hounds that sucks. What kind of hounds do you normally run? I would like to get one of ur knives too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Could you give me a email?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 am 
IP:
Gentlemen,

Here is the URL to my web site.

ranger6@airmail.net

Thank you...

Jack the Knife...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:10 am 
IP:
Wild Haven Kennels,

I was over at a friends last night and his brother who is a pilot and is familiar with California said that the best place to live in California is inland from Big Sur and the 'San Andras fault' between that fault line and the mountains. North and south a few hundred miles but that he thought I would not like it there.
I checked out maps and real estate for sale {farms and ranches} and I believe he is right. Summers are horrible here in north Texas but I love my land and broke my back working in my garden. All my hounds and two horses are buried here. This my home and always will be.
I may be dead before I get all the dead, crowded and ugly trees cut down and even though I never see people in the woods there are a million people within walking distance 20 miles. But no place is perfect and I think I'll stay right here. Its three miles to the grocery store and the beer store and I have lived around here all my life, right here on my 25 acres for half of that time.

My cousin Earl said a long time ago that when he got out of high school he went to Montana, Colorado, Idaho, and all over that area and that people generally are the same everywhere. People are interchangeable but Texans are different!
"Jack, you are from Texas, have lived here all your life and you are 60 years old. It would take 60 years before any place else ever seemed like home" and cousin Earl was right!

I'll just stay home...

Jack the Knife

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:10 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Jack the knife,

I can understand why you want to stay. I have moved all my life, never really got to set roots for long in one spot. Never had the pleasure of living in Texas but heard it can be a great place to live. California is ok but I am looking elsewhere. Thanks for the comment and for telling your story.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:05 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

jacktheknife wrote:
JacobB64,

I am just getting back on the knives after a lot of home repairs
and would ask if you want a skinner, a stabber or a rail road spike knife but I will post pictures on my soon to be 'New and Improved' web site of each so you can see them.
I have 31 knives hardened, tempered and ready to handle and will use them {all perfect designs} to mark the new load of blade steel as soon as I can come up with enough money to buy it. Then I'll have 31 knives for sale, $35. -$40.

Thanks for asking...

Jack the Knife

You ready for an order? Lol