CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: THIS WEEKEND
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:12 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We've had a pretty good weekend of runnin here in Central FL.! This rain sure has helped a lot! Thurs night, we cut Buck loose my NT CH male and he had the meat lookin down in 30 min. or less. Pretty big coon, seen a gator that night too, that was pretty cool. Then we went Fri night. We were lookin for another huntin spot when he started barkin in the box well we knew what that meant so we cut him loose and sure nuff` he had one lookin down in 10 min. We were on the way to the tree and my buddy let his pup loose to go to the tree with Buck well it was a lil. swampy area probably a foot or so of water, we got up to the tree lookin at the coon and i just so happened to tun around to see my buddy's pup slappin around a water moccasin so i grabbed that pup and flung him 20 yds. lol, my dad has the new judge and he had 12 shot 4-10 shells in he shot it twice and it still slithered off, so we leashed the dogs up and went to the house.....Well Sat. night we.... Had a good night of runnin. Made four drops treed four coons! Seen eyes at all trees. First drop we made he struck about 350 yds. Away and ran it probably 10 min. before he was sittin down hammerin away. So we got up there snapped a few pics and got a video. Loaded him back up then dumped him for the second time, well this time he had to go a lil deeper he struck about 750 yds. in this this time well he ran that track 30-40 min. Till he came up treed well he was split treed, about 50 yds. Away from each other, so we loaded up and turned out by an old pond we know of that's always a hot spot, we dumped him and it was 2 min. before he lit out on it and he was treed within 20 min. Had the meat in that tree too! So we dumped him a fourth time, and he struck out and ran a good 15-30 min. before he came up treed walked into him. And he was in a den tree we seen the hole and all. So i'm sayin for sure 4 but if i had to guess 5 lol. He ended up runnin 10 mi. In one night accordin tothe Garmin. So he put in his work But all in all a good night of huntin. As you'll be able to tell, i have a pretty strong bond with my dog and i love pettin him and lettin him know he did a good job at the tree. Figure it's the least i can do for him :) with no moccasins this time! I'll try and post the vids. :D

Last edited by HILLBILLYKENNELS on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: THIS WEEKEND
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:14 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHY1NgQu ... 1339431236 FIRST TREE :D

Post subject: Re: THIS WEEKEND
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:15 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xbZNgSj ... playnext=1 :D FOURTH TREE.