CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Back in January my blue male had just turned a year old. Me and my partner turned our dogs loose on my family's land. My partner brought his 5 yr old redtick and his female b&t who wasn't much older than my bluetick. So pretty much we had only one finished experienced hound. Well this particular night we got hold of an old wise coon who really gave our dogs a run and my young blue dog ended up be the shining star lol. We were walking and I hear mine open up, then the other to followed in. With every bawl we heard they were getting deeper in the woods. Finally we hear my partners old male open tree. Then he stopped. About a min later here goes my blue dog on the trail again then the other two join in. The whole tim my partner was saying we got us an old coon, he's tapping on these dogs. That old sucker did this three times and finally I heard my male's tree bark and ten the others joined in. After hearing the old male treeing I was pretty sure that we finally had him cause I just wasn't sure about my young dog. When we got to that tree my dog was giving it all he had. We shined up and there the old bandit was. You talking about a guy who was proud lol. My partner told me that that blue dog had that race the whole way. He said he was very impressed on how young my dog was not letting that old coon throw him off. Just goes to show these hounds just hav it in there blood. And nights like those make coon hunting so enjoyable.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Don't you gust love it when all you're hard work pays off. Sounds like hes going to be a gud one. Looks gud to. Best of luck with him.

Pr big river midnight alibi