CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My wifes first time out!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:57 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Just got back from taking my wife coon hunting for the first time. I have been hunting as long as shes known me but I could never talk her into going until tonight. We took my nite champion b&t and treed 2 within an hour and she absolutely loved it. It was the perfect first night for someone whos never been, 2 trees with the meat, both in easy easy walkin. One of the best nights in the woods i've had in a long time. Hope everyone else put one up!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Now ive heard it all... all jokes aside sounds like a real good night .. coon hunting is something you cant explain your enthusiasm for unless you experience it first hand

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:09 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Exactly, when them dogs go to barking you just know you got a biggin but at same time hoping they ain't running trash or leaving the county. Then they stop and your listing so hard you can't hear anything but a dog. Finally get to that tree with dogs all over it and boom it's a big one. We love it, I had to buy my wife Illini boots for her to go. First night they treed right next to the truck after that she is excited as the dogs are to be going!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Bama_Mike wrote:
Just got back from taking my wife coon hunting for the first time. I have been hunting as long as shes known me but I could never talk her into going until tonight. We took my nite champion b&t and treed 2 within an hour and she absolutely loved it. It was the perfect first night for someone whos never been, 2 trees with the meat, both in easy easy walkin. One of the best nights in the woods i've had in a long time. Hope everyone else put one up!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

My wife wants to go with me also. I explained to her it is not always easy walking. Up banks and through creeks and thick sometimes. She still wants to go. Hope mine goes as good as your did.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:27 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I planned our hunt out prior to going. I picked the easiest turn outs I have, not to say the dogs wont take you somewhere nasty before you bat an eye but i tried to make it painless your first time out. My partner and I have some easy spots we have for people who want to come we like and then again we have a special spot for guys who show up with the wrong attitude or think they are gods gift to coonhunting. We call it the " beaver pond". Probably the worst piece of ground you would want to go in to get a dog. But its loaded with coons. It will make a man rethink how much of a coonhunting bad butt he is.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:44 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Lol sounds like us, we have some easy spots and then we have a couple that we try like crazy to stay out of, but unfortunately for my gf when we first got together it seemed like the dogs always found them bad spots. Luckily she don't scare easy and was used to some rough country anyway.