CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: One drop 7 coon!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Last night i turned out my 2 blueticks and my 8 month old redtick pup. They all struck together and split apart after about 200 yards. My male blue dogs ran 3 coons into a big cave in a rock. My pup was about 100 yards away from him with a 30 pound boar bayed up under another rock ledge and my female was .8 miles (on the garmin) treed and she had 3 big boars in the tree. It was cool but not much fun by myself. when i finally got back to the truck i could hardly walk since i forgot my knife and couldnt skin them out. Luckily i was able to drive 200 yards away from my female. I had to go up hill 600 yards for the first two dogs. But it was enjoyable to hear the race and to see my pup get his first coon by himself.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: One drop 7 coon!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:04 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Why is it we have the best luck when we are the least prepared! LOL. If it was always easy, everyone would do it! Sounds like you have some great dogs!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Post subject: Re: One drop 7 coon!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:31 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I wish tonight i would have went by myself again. We had three guys and four dogs and they all stayed together except once my dogs split treed 50 yards away from the others and they each had coon. I think tonight was the last time i will be able to hunt for awhile...we are suppose to get some snow and the temperature is going to drop into the teens. But at least i will be able to run coyotes then.
Morris,
I wouldn't trade my dogs for anything i raised them from pups on and they are by far the best dogs i have ever had.