It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: First night out
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:31 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Larry D wrote:
. Don't want her to be a "Me Too". Justin loves coon hunting and that hound. Me? I'm one proud worn out Grandpa' LOL.

I have trained pups with old dogs when I had a good dog for just about 50 years. Out of all those pups I have had, a few that did not even make "MEE TOO " status. Please try to go back Grandpaw , and come up with the time of your first actual experience with a "ME TOO " dog .Please!!. I bet your first hearing of a "Me Too " dog was what you read in an article written by some so called coonhunting PRE Madonna wearing a TUTU. LOL... PUPS, MEETOO with old dogs, if they won't , they will never be worth a hoot . Pups that have to learn it on their own , some pass and most fail.. That is why , when you read COONHOUND BLOODLINES , the best studs only have about a 25% success rate at best and those pups go to people that REALLY KNOW COONDOGS , not regular wishers that antiup a couple hundred dollars hoping to get famus .
Where did you first hear of the MEETOO BS? My Pups Meetoo Till the old dogs get old . Then The old dogs will HONOR when the pups are grown and right. What is this MEETOO BS about. Please tell me.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:15 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Heard that phrase "Me Too" from my Grandpa', and I've own a few, not many, but a few. Have one in kennel right now...Take her out by herself you are in for a long walk in the woods. Take her with another hound, she'll follow along, open with, tree with. I do agree, best way to train is with a straight older hound. Our old hound passed and I have not found a B T to replace him. So it's me and Annie.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:53 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

skeets wrote:
iam glad you and justin are haveing a ball.my boys dont hunt much with me,i think i burned them out along time ago lol.one of em does that civil war renactment stuff and the other is a guitar playing fool,i just always coon hunted.lol

LOL , Yep, sometimes it takes the "meat " to turn a young fellow on. Same as a young dog. When I was a kid my mama taught piano lessons and I wanted to take them . I wasn't any good at it and she'd beat my fingers with a Peach switch and my backside with a dog leash. LOL. I got 'burned out' on piano. The first Christmas she asked me what I wanted and I said "I did want a Daisy BB gun but now all I want is to never have to take another Piano lesson as long as I live" . I did not get the BB gun but that ended the piano and that was fine by me. She said I would live to regret it but I have not yet and that was 55 years ago. Years later for Christmas, I wanted a Browning 12 guage. I doubted I would get it because they were $180 back then, and my parents were poor. Sure enough, at Christmas I got a Gibson box Guitar. I learned a few chords. Then I found out that dang Gibson costed $280 and it ticked me off ROYALLY. I still got the guitar because it was a gift. has been in the case for about 50 years . My kids is what got together and bought me a Browning for Christmas about 15 years ago. I sure am proud of that Browning.

I am sure proud that Justin is following in your footsteps and the dog is turning it on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:57 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i think coon hunting is in you are it aint sorta like a good coon dog.i had people asked my why i like to hunt so much,i tell them i dont know i reckon its just in me or iam half crazy lol.when i was little there was a guy that lived down the road from here that played banjo on television,i saw him one day and i asked him could he teach me how to play banjo he said yeal for 10 dollars a lesson,i went home told mama about it and she said if you take banjo lessons you have to quit playing ball cause we aint got the money,so i never did learn how to play the banjo.when i got older i went and bought me a guitar and watched guitar players on television and figured out how to play it a little.i play nearly everyday now but i still aint much pumpkin at it.lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:06 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

skeets wrote:
i think coon hunting is in you are it aint sorta like a good coon dog.i had people asked my why i like to hunt so much,i tell them i dont know i reckon its just in me or iam half crazy lol.when i was little there was a guy that lived down the road from here that played banjo on television,i saw him one day and i asked him could he teach me how to play banjo he said yeal for 10 dollars a lesson,i went home told mama about it and she said if you take banjo lessons you have to quit playing ball cause we aint got the money,so i never did learn how to play the banjo.when i got older i went and bought me a guitar and watched guitar players on television and figured out how to play it a little.i play nearly everyday now but i still aint much pumpkin at it.lol

1molatenite wrote:
skeets wrote:
iam glad you and justin are haveing a ball.my boys dont hunt much with me,i think i burned them out along time ago lol.one of em does that civil war renactment stuff and the other is a guitar playing fool,i just always coon hunted.lol

LOL , Yep, sometimes it takes the "meat " to turn a young fellow on. Same as a young dog. When I was a kid my mama taught piano lessons and I wanted to take them . I wasn't any good at it and she'd beat my fingers with a Peach switch and my backside with a dog leash. LOL. I got 'burned out' on piano. The first Christmas she asked me what I wanted and I said "I did want a Daisy BB gun but now all I want is to never have to take another Piano lesson as long as I live" . I did not get the BB gun but that ended the piano and that was fine by me. She said I would live to regret it but I have not yet and that was 55 years ago. Years later for Christmas, I wanted a Browning 12 guage. I doubted I would get it because they were $180 back then, and my parents were poor. Sure enough, at Christmas I got a Gibson box Guitar. I learned a few chords. Then I found out that dang Gibson costed $280 and it ticked me off ROYALLY. I still got the guitar because it was a gift. has been in the case for about 50 years . My kids is what got together and bought me a Browning for Christmas about 15 years ago. I sure am proud of that Browning.

I am sure proud that Justin is following in your footsteps and the dog is turning it on.

I am glad you got a chance to figure what you liked and let the rest go. We played baseball year round at the grammer school I went to. LOL It might be because we did not have a sockerball nor a football but we would choose up sides everyday and half the team was girls because there was not enough guys to go around. You ever seen a fifth grade girl duck and stick her glove up and catch a line drive and wheel and chunk to second base?? ?for a double??? I have. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:46 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks for all the post. Justin and I enjoy reading them together. Annie is coming along. Got a line on a 3yo, B T going to go next Friday for a hunt. Pretty good drive so will be an over-nite adventure. We'll have fun together even if we come home with empty dog box. Durn proud I never had to take any musical lessons!