CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Are You Kidding Me?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:39 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I start pups and young hounds. Disabled so finishing out is hard on me so I stick to the starting phase. Long story short got this grade hound that took off like a "good un". When she was introduced to the woods she did exceptionally well. So I had high hopes of her making a good hound. Well she started treeing...in ground holes. Those armor plated possums call dillo's. First time or two just scolded but she kept it up. Shocking collar time. Well. stopped talking about it, but you'd have to hunt her up or leave her in the woods. IF you found her she be digging out a hole in the ground.
Now I'm up at the local hang-out and of course I'm asked about any good young hounds and I jokingly mention my Dillo dog. Would you believe a guy spoke up wanting to buy her! Armadillos are tearing up his pasture ground and he'd tried everything to get rid of em. Dillo hound is doing fine pointing out holes with occupants and her new owner is having a ball shooting them.
So...I'm starting a new hobby. Now only if I can find a few hounds who hate Dillos I'll be set!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Are You Kidding Me?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:50 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Lol

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Post subject: Re: Are You Kidding Me?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:35 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Lol I have the same kinda deal with one here. When I was coon huntin her she would always, and I mean always, go kill a skunk. I tried everything to break her off them devils and she just wouldn't stop. My solution, I only hunt her during the day now on bear. My pap told me back in the day tho she woulda been a hot commodity cuz ppl loved game dogs like she is. This dog will run anything but a deer. So long as she can catch it to kill it leastways. Heck she'd probably even chase a dillo if she seen one.