CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: saw a ghost
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:41 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I had my dogs out and I gotta walk down this real long driveway to get to the front yard of this old house, then I cut left through the yard to where an old springhouse is and turn ol' Ruby loose. As I entered the front yard this image, this figure, ran from right to left in front of me towards the old springhouse, at first I was like what was THAT, then I thought that looked like a young girl running but it all happened fast and I was not expecting anything like that so I thought maybe it was just a big ol owl or something in the headlamp so I turned the dog loose and in a 1/2 hour is treed solid so I go to her and yep there is the coon so I settle the crosshairs on it, pull the trigger and nothin happens, I jack another shell in the gun and same thing, its a dud, my next one went off and I heard it hit the coon but he acted like nothing happened. I ended up going through seven shells, either they didn't go off or minimal damage to the coon. this is the same box of fifty that I have knocked squirrels and a dozen coon out previously with no issues! when I walked through the yard to get back to the truck every hair on my body stood up and I never had another problem with those bullets again either. weird huh.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: saw a ghost
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

That's crazy man! I would have to find somewhere else to hunt though