CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:27 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well i got to meet Joshua from this site...we got together and went coonhunting...me and my two walkers and him and his 2 blueticks and my girlfriend all took off to the woods...3 other people went with us but they left early....

well, we turned all the dogs loose and away they went...both of our males are more experienced and stayed out hunting, both our females are young and in-experienced so they stayed right around us...we evenutally was just setting around a fire listening to the dogs run...the two males ran a coon all night long pretty much...i guess it was between 3am and 4am that the dogs finally tree'd...was great hearing both dogs tree'd...was even better seeing both at the tree...

it was a great hunt, with great dogs, well we thought they done good..we was proud of them, that's what counts lol...and what seemed liked the beginning of a great friendship...

i look forward to hunting with Josh again sometime as well as his dogs...we may or may not have the best dogs in the world, but as Josh said by the campfire, listening to the dogs running and treeing was just beautiful.

Kevin

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:54 pm 
IP:
yea that was a great time we had the only problem was that we had sunrise servise that mornin and i kinda wanted to sleep thought it i got home put on my sunday clothes and went to church
lol but the people at church enjoyed my story

Post subject: O
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:35 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

You only treeeeed one coon all night?

Post subject: treedogbuddy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:44 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

yeah one coon...i've heard here in Alabama the coon population was thinner than up north...i must have got the sorriest coon place ever to hunt...i know there can't be more than one coon in there...u can go sometimes and not find a track nowhere for weeks, then sometimes u can go in and run that sucker all night...he will not tree quick...lotta people run that coon with dogs and coyotes and stuff so he's smart...looking now for some places that might have some coons in them...

its just a crappy place to hunt where we went...

Kevin

Profile  WWW