CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

What's your favorite hunting tale?
one where the animal outsmarts the hunter? 47%  47%  [ 7 ]
one where the hunter lets the animal live to see another sunrise? 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: hunting deer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:45 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

One day while deer hunting I walked up on some bears. Which I was ok with at the time. In the mid GA aea there is no open season for harvesting bears. The first one I saw I was leveling the gun at cuz I thought it was a pig until I caught a good look while trying to draw a bead on it and decided it had too much hair even for a wild black russian boar. I lowered the gun and squatted down on my haunches. Watched that cute little cub bear play for five or ten minutes. It decided to go behind a big bush which hid it from my sight. I was about tired of waiting for it to come back to where I could see it when it came out followed by it's twin. So I stayed and watched those two play for a while. Then there mom decided to comeout from behind the bush. She would take one paw and knock over dead trees so she and the cubs could eat the bugs and grubs from under them. It was drizzling rain that day and they never scented me I reckon. If the mom had decided I was a threat I reckon that coulda been the worse day I'd even had hunting but as it was it was kinda cool.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!