CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:34 pm 
IP:
Well, several months had passed, and somehow I was able to avoid the dogs. Although when we'd go to his place, he would now and then suggest that I go up to them and pet 'em. Ha-ha I thought , that'll be the day. I'd just say, "maybe next time". Later on he asked if I would accompany him on a long ride to take his dog to get bred. It seemed kinda unusual that he would go so far, but the long drive together sounded like fun, and I said, "yes". He said he'd be over around 4:00 am with his dog to pick me up.

When we arrived at the place to drop off the dog, there must of been around 40 dogs (all chained or in kennels). He asked if I wanted to go see the dog he was paying the service for. I sat in the truck the whoooolee long time, just listening to constant barking dogs(terrified), even though I needed to get out and stretch some. Finally, he came out of the office area and practically begged me to come see the dogs. With a little coaxing I got out of the truck, hanging on to him for dear life. I tried to act intrested, but, I couldn't wait to get back to the truck!!

Our relationship began to get serious. But, I knew if it was going to go any further, that I would have to get over my fear of dogs. He kept talking about hunts, PKC, AKC, UKC, treeing, and other things that were completely foreign language to me. And, finally I agreed to go hunting one night with him to check out this coon hunting. We planned to go the Friday night coming up. All week long I would ask him questions like; did he have to run after the coons himself? why did he need to take a gun if the dogs were gonna catch the coon? what if the dogs would run into another woods far away? and what if someone else was hunting ,and the dogs got into a big fight then how could he stop them from fighting. what if the coon came after him?......on and on my imagination wandered. He tried his best to answer my questions, and finally he said, "Some things I can't explain, you just have to see it" I then said, "I AM NOT GETTING OUT THE TRUCK, you said you turn the dog loose!! Why surely while you are in the woods, that dog will come back and bite me". He laughed, and reassured me he would stay right with me by the truck, but he wanted me to at least hear the dog when it got a coon. I agreed, but you know ,when I heard that dog begin to bark in the far distance I jumped right back into the truck as fast as I could. He laughed, and laughed at me. I was embarrassed that I did that, and upset with him for laughing at me. He said he needed to go get the dog. I waited.
(to be continued)...

Join the forum today and remove this ad!