CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:33 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

my family was a hog hunting with dog and when I got on my own a few years everyone was hog hunting and I had no land to hunt hogs on so I sold all my hog dogs . after a few months I whent crazy not being in the wood thats when I told my self I would start coon hunting . so far I have two hounds and I go on publc land when I can if its not open I hunt with an older fela that goes reguler. I stll have a lot to lern .im an old school hunter I dont use a traking sistem .or gps althoug they would be nice to have. hunting with hounds I wouldnt trade it for anything.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

My granddaddy was a fox man and had a pack of 15-20 foxhounds at any given time. When I was young one of his foxhounds took to treeing. Grandad was gonna shoot it, said it had no sense. Well that dog paid for his keep in coonhides and squirrels for 11 years, turns out he had a bit of sense after all!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I blame my dad, hunting coon in our sweet corn patches is what started me on it, at first it was just for pest management. Now it's mostly pleasure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:09 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

my grandpa always had hounds around the farm. when i was 4 years old i started going with him. when i was in high school i started getting my own hounds and now all the dogs are tied around my house. grandpa is 80 years old now and still comes with me once in awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:46 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I started with my uncle years ago with B&Ts. I then started breeding and showing akc b&ts. I hunted a little but never had any really great hunting dogs. They just looked good. I recently bought a few dogs and getting into the hunting side of B&Ts now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:01 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

When was your first time Coon hunting?? Mine as was Thanksgiving night 1965 I was 6 yrs old...

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:43 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

the first time i can remember coon hunting was in 1965,i was either 4 or 5. treed a tote sack full of possums, that bag was so heavy i couldnt even drag it so grandaddy had the job of carring them home.i remember me putting them possums under a big wash pot so they would be there in the morning and i could get a better look at them.i got up bright and early and i ran straight to the wash pot to take a look at my nights catch only to find out that every last grinner had dug out,man was i ticked.lol

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:10 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Well my dad and grandpa had some really good walker coonhounds back in the 80's and early 90's and my daddy told me them stories of the hounds and all the good times they had. Well, I really enjoyed the stories and wanted to make some myself so I got me a walker pup which is now 1 1/2 years old then got me another pup back in February and hope to really hunt them come fall. Can anyone help me locate the line of dogs my dad had ? One of the names is wild kingdom pr queen, wild kingdom pr sally etc. Thanks in advance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7