All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
"Is Marshall Radio coming out with a GPS Combo Tracking System? If so, when?"

Here's the latest update from Dave Marshall:

"As the head of product development at Marshall Radio Telemetry, I can honestly say we are proud to be able to serve the men and women who hunt with Hounds. If you’re one who trains and runs dogs outdoors I want you to know that Marshall is completely committed to the hound market for the long term.

As you know, GPS technology is an important part of finding dogs now and in the future. So I want to confirm here and now that we are working on tracking products that will use GPS. And we are working on other technologies as well.

So when will these be available? I hope that you will understand that for competitive and technological reasons we cannot give you a precise answer to that question. Nor can we tell you details about what it will be like. In fact, I can’t even confirm whether certain rumors going around are correct or not, because that would also inform our competitors.

What I can tell you is that if you have enjoyed Marshall products in the past, then you will not be disappointed by what we are doing. We are not interested in making an average product. A mediocre tracker can be designed quickly, but a great one truly takes a good, long while. I wish I could easily explain why it’s so hard to push the bar higher in electronics. It took us years and years to figure out how to outdo the old style tracking products of our competitors – they have some good engineers – but eventually we did. We have put so much effort into the very physics of tracking that the most discriminating buyers of all, the US military and even NASA, have come to Marshall to buy the same products that we designed for Houndsmen.

But they’re not our real customers, you are. We understand if you need to use one of our competitor’s products now instead of ours, and we congratulate our competitor for doing a good job. But as I said, we are in this market for the long haul and a few years of lost sales are a small thing to us – compared to doing the right thing for our fans and customers. No matter how much pressure we’re feeling here in the product development kitchen, we’re just not going to take the bread out of the oven too soon. We’ll announce it in its due time, just a bit before it’s steaming hot and covered with melting butter and honey on the table . . .

So I hope you’ll hang in there with us, if not now, at least down the road. We hope we might have earned your trust in the past. We hope you consider us partner in the search for the very best in long range, reliable Hound tracking equipment. And we truly appreciate your business, as well as your faith in us going forward. Thank you...

- David L. Marshall

http://marshallradio.com/en/marshall-ra ... ing-system

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!