CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: DC30 VS DC40
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:52 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well I guess I should have bought a bunch of dc 30's when I had a chance they are making good money on e-bay. So herre is my question I have to buy to collars should I get dc30 or dc40? Have the dc40 improved at all?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:12 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

CLMuxlow wrote:
well I guess I should have bought a bunch of dc 30's when I had a chance they are making good money on e-bay. So herre is my question I have to buy to collars should I get dc30 or dc40? Have the dc40 improved at all?

unless you're gonna pay the big bucks for used or even bigger for new dc 30's on ebay you aint really got a choice. the dc40 is all thats available.
i just got a new dc40 and it works just fine. 1 1/2 miles and with the same test 1 1/4 miles with the dc30. i put tuff skin antennas on both the 30 and 40. plus i use the longer antenna on my handhelds.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:17 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here in Ky where i live i did track my dc 40 3.4 miles through the hills just a few nights ago

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:21 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

How are the dc40 when you lose signal do they recover as fast as the dc30?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:28 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I still have no us for the dc 40 even now that it is winter I can only get 200yds max with this collar and yes I have all the updates in but I hear that double U hunting supply has a service that will help the Dc-40 collars so I sent one collar to him and I will find out if it works and I will let coondawgs know how it works after I try it for a while

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:47 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

well even the 30's lacked alot compaired to 7 to 15 miles with a wildlife tracking system.
i dont lose communication since i started using the tuff skins with either the 30 or the 40.
but hell, where i am if a dog goes over 800 yrds and dont find a track it aint hunting. 1 mile sections. so if it goes through one i am already over there to get it at the road anyway.
i did get a roof mount antenna,i have not tried it yet. kinda interested to see if it gets the range some claim. i got it in case i have a lost dog.
i see the garmin as a way to keep track of a dog, but for a all out lost dog,,,well?????????
i have a brand new 30 in the box ,never on a dog. got it june 2011. taking bids - LOL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:55 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

CLMuxlow wrote:
How are the dc40 when you lose signal do they recover as fast as the dc30?

i dont see a differance in the collars being faster or slower. but the 320 hooks up faster then the 220.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:32 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Ok TC or anyone if u were in my shoes and had to get a 2 collars and the price or availiability wasn't the case what would it be? and why? I do like the collar on the 40 lets you put e-collar on it eliminatining a collar anybody have any info on that. I've never tracked my dog over 800yds so the distance isn't my thing it's when u get in the rolling land that i will lose her

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:38 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

i just watched a couple videos on youtube comparing the 30 and 40. . i just typed dc30 vs dc40 in the search box.
i bought a new 40 so i had room on the collar for a wildlife unit on the same collar.
i aint had the 40 long enough to give you my opinion as far as compared to my dc30s.
the whole garmin system aint impressed me. thats why i want the wildlife on the dog too, and i got a 220,a 320, dc30's and a dc40.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:42 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks for your help TC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:01 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

i posted the same question on the ukc board before i got the 40. i could'nt tell with that post if they were better or worse. 6 of one thing saying junk and half a dozen others saying they were good.
the video i watched on youtube showed them on a magnet mount antenna at 6.27 miles and losing the signal on the 30 and the 40 at about the same time.
one thing i like on the 40 is it has a plastic cap insted of the metal as a top clamp holding the battery and unit to the collar.. i changed alot of 30's over to the day glo collars and man the 30's really corrode bad. them lil screws will weld themselves in and you will not get them out. you will strip the screw head. then your kinda screwed as far as changing the collar stap,the battery or the antenna.
first thing i did or do is change them lil screws to allen head screws.garmin puts locktite on them,,i put never sieze on them.
same goes for the clamp for the gps on the 30.. i changed my 40 over to a green dayglo that was made for the 30 and with the unused wire sleeve and antenna loops it gave me something to run my antenna on the 40 through.the antenna is kinda just hanging out there flopping around in the stock form when you buy them. they zip tie the antenna to the collar.
my dc40 w/tuff skin and dayglo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:14 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Well I'm thinking I will give a 40. By the way I have hunted a couple times with a red eagle scout and I work with a guy who is working with a red eagle pup right now some fine hounds

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:11 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

screws for the dc30 top clamp on battery unit are
socket hd cap screws M4-.70 x 12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:54 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have 1 dc30 and 2 dc40 collars I haven't noticed any proformance differance in the field. when it comes to charging them back up the 30 may take 24 hrs to fully charge the 40'sare done in less time then the book says it will take. I m ardering 2 more 40s.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:32 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Where's the cheapest place y'all have found for a DC 40????

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next