CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What kind of light would you buy
Bright eyes 22%  22%  [ 44 ]
Blazer 12%  12%  [ 23 ]
S+S lights 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
Night light 12%  12%  [ 23 ]
Sunburst 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
Cajun lights 10%  10%  [ 20 ]
other 35%  35%  [ 69 ]
Total votes : 197
 Post subject: i use
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:51 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i use a coal mining bealt light and i get good amount of light from it

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:16 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Now I am going to show you how much I DON'T know about belt lights LOL!!! Can you attach these to a hat???? or is it just a spot light that is attached to the belt?????

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:56 pm 
IP:
Hey Sarge, I think that smaller box you have now would be great for the boys. Get yourself the belt light!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:21 pm 
IP:
I use a nite lite, a s n' s light, and a grain valley, but the grain valley is my favorite...tiny battery pack 21 volts, and holds its charge nicely!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:16 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Sarge, the light is a 5100 style light that has a hat clip on it-the battery pack is the only thing different.It's small and made so that it is hardly bigger than the belt itself.Trust me- buy enough to go around unless you want to be fighting over the belt light every night.

And LCK, how does a man your age carry one of those big ol' Wick lights? :lol: :lol: You'd be better off strapping your truck battery to your side!! :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yeah out california we just use mag lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:53 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

There seems to be a lot of praise about the S & S lights! Does anyone know where I can buy one.... do they have a website???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:07 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

hey sarge! :D :wink:

prolite all the way! best light out there in my opinion, theyre awesome, i have the goldpro21 belt light and i love it. theyre super light- 2-3lbs and have a unbeatable 5yr warrenty. i got mine from purvis outdoors- excellent customer service.

http://www.prolitecustom.com/

http://www.purvisoutdoors.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:13 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

well boys im kinda old school if you hunt like i do your gear gets a little abuse. im a hot liight man i have owned three nite lite hot lights and a cajun . i currently own a cajun and a nite lite both and are very happy with both. i know from what i read on these posts that everyone is very opinionated and some just wouldnt own a nite lite brand anything . i have hunted the nite lites hard and have had them submerged in water and they keep on going . i think the nite lite batteries are work horses but i will say the components could be a little better.as for the new fad in belt lites there compact size cant be beat it sure saves on the back when your headed back to the truck. i would like to see a little price ajustment i think everyone would agree regardless of opinions us coonhunters are good folks trying to enjoy a piece of life in todays screwed up times you shouldnt have to empty your bank acount to have a piece of gear you can rely on .like i said if you hunt like i do thats alot of money to pay for some thing thats going to experiance the abuse that the world of coonhunting can dish out.......but thats just my opinion each to there own ......keepem treed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:07 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Hey there Sarge, I have that 21V NiteLite belt light which works great and can hold up as long as needed. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably get a ProLite. I have heard great things about them and when hunting with you I thought that light was perfect. The only thing I don't like about my NiteLite is there is a push button walk light on the very top of the belt light. It is a pain because it accidently gets pushed when stumbling through the trees or when being packed from one spot to another. It isn't really reasuring when you get to the place you are going to hunt and you realize that your walk light is on and you have no idea how long it has been on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:08 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

nite lite has never ever let me down. also alot of nice fellows i hunt with have used nite lite brand lites for years and never had a problem. If i was going to get a new light it would definately be that new big belt light they offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:29 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

competion lights are good black&tans are the best i just bought a competion light and went under water friday night with it not on purpopse. it got drowned and it brought me,dogs,and coon out to truck and is still working great!!!! s.c. swamps make real coon dogs tree on b&t!!!!! but i just wanted to say i am very satisfied with my comp 20v light plenty bright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:03 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

i've used sunburst eagle lights for the last 30 years. i can't stand the ol box on the belt jobs after wearing eagles for so long. ................TC

Last edited by toe cutter on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I just bought a coonbuster 21 Volt Belt light about 8 months ago, and it is HARD to beat. I had a 20 volt box light by coonbuster that was about as tough as they come. Still use it for a backup.

Post subject: add PRO LITE
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:50 am 
IP:
could include the name PRO LITE on your choices??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next