CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Help with my Garmin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:43 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i just got a garmin few days ago.. when ever you go to find truck how can you get it to come up like the compas when your fallowing dogs ?? when i go to truck it showes big map and the path i took to were im at. just lookin at compas with arrow is alot easyer to me for now

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Help with my Garmin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:23 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Once you get it to go to the truck go to main menu then go to advanced and then compass. Press enter. You may hve to calabrate your compass. Best thing to do is buy a backtrack from bushnell. It is easier to use to find the truck.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:52 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I noticed you said you have only had your Garmin for a few days. My garmin compass isn't acurate enough for me to rely on it when navigating dense brush and trees. I recomend also carying a regular compass if you don't already. Besides my compass losing signal when in the worst of conditions I love the thing. Good luck with yours.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:14 am 
IP:
You want an arrow on your compass pointing towards your truck the same as you have an arrow pointing towards your dogs?
I don't know if there's a way to program that or not. I have two tracking units (but only one dog hunts, unfortunately), so my other unit I turn on at the truck and leave on until the signal catches to my handheld unit. Then I turn it off and go hunt. The arrow that points to that unit will now always point towards the truck.
If you go hunting without using all of your tracking collars you could do that. I trust my compass far more than I trust my map because there have been a few times that my map inverts and shows everything opposite. LOL, and for somebody like me with zero sense of direction that is a dangerous thing!