CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:37 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have a tritronics bark limiter and it works perfect. Never noticed a false correction ever. My dog even snores and whines a little, but it only gets him if he barks. I've only replaced the battery once in the 3 years I've used it on a couple dogs, sometimes for weeks at a time. I'd guess mine had about 4-5 months of runtime on the original battery, but corrections were rarely needed. The little watch batteries are $3.19 for a 2 pk at Radio Shack, so cost isn't a concern with the batteries. Just 2 little screws to get to the battery.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:12 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

lynn1982 wrote:
I just recently got the Innotek ones from Cabellas too and they have worked great

i use the innotek also. they work great but the batteries aren't cheap

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:05 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have used tritronics collars & swore by them until I bought the Tritronics bark limiter!!! It's shocking my hounds when they YAWN or shake their heads & i called tritronics & they said to put it tighter but i didnt find that worked. The last time i used it i put it on while working in the yard to see if the dog barked & he never once barked yet it shocked him over 6x. Not sure but maybe sum of the collars are faulty or we are using them wrong somehow... :?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:31 am 
IP:
I used to use Innotek collars (with batteries) and loved them for quite awhile. But I am not confident in them anymore. My first collar 'went bad' after about 10 or 12 months. I started noticing false shocks, and other times I'd hear my dog bark but would not hear the yelp he made when he got a shock. I got a new one and that one never worked consistently, but again at about 9-10 months it was clearly bad. I replaced batteries as needed so that wasn't the issue.
I'm fortunate now that my dog doesn't need a shock collar anymore. Either he was trained by the ones he wore in the past or he's just gotten older and more confident.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:59 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Just an update for anyone intrested. I purchased the tritronics bark limiter as you can see from my previous post. I have had them since Mid November of 09 and the batteries are still working and the dogs still arent barking. Highly recomended for anyone with a barking dog. I had a dog that barked so much he almost lost his voice totaly. After putting this collar on him for about a month he has made a tremendous improvement as far has hearing him in the woods goes.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:24 am 
IP:
Is the tri-tronics bark limiter more powerful than the innotek collars? I have a dog that is a horrendous barker, for the first time in my life we had animal control called on us and now all the dogs have to stay inside all day. I have even tried putting 2 innotek collars on him at the same time and he still barks. I can see he is being shocked but for him the shock is worth it because of how much he loves barking. If he's still barking when wearing two collars I don't know if more juice would even help.

I used to praise Innotek but I hate the collars now, there are so many false shocks for breathing/shaking head.

It'd take me a few months to save up for a new collar so I want to be very careful, but it really feels like a lost cause on this dog.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:59 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Have a 5 month old pup, I've had him a month and live in a subdivision now unfortunately... I've tried whooping and water hose not working. I've bought trained hounds in the past and don't have this issue. Long story short I have to buy a no bark collar so what is the most effective yet reasonably priced collar I should buy and store etc? Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:52 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have a dogtra ys500. its about $85 at Conkleys supply. or on ebay its the same. Very good rechargeable collar with multiple settings. but I have also used $8 cheap china ebay ones, and on most dogs they work fine but sometimes they shock the dog when they shake their heads:/