CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ??'s bout a truck
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:27 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

ive recently been lookin at new trucks and am wonderin bout gmc canyons and chevy colorados.. wanna know bout he gas milage ..power..and get some overall opinions on these lil beasts. so any u out there that have one or know much bout them please post...

i currently own a dodge durango and ford truck. lookin to get 2 newer vehicles. a 3/4 ton deisel and 1/2 ton or compact. both crew cabs. aint much on chevy 1/2 tons.

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:59 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have a friend who has a Colorado and he said it does very well.
He has had this truck for about 2 years now and he pulls a 12' trailer all the time with his tractor and other equipment with no trouble.
His gas mileage unloaded is around 22 mpg.
I suppose you know it's a inline 5 cylinder engine and has had good reviews.

ACTS 16:31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:22 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I have a 99 Dodge Dakota (I think Dodge Dakota translated into the Apache language means broken dog) aand will be getting a different truck over the summer and doing my research found the GMC Canyon/Chevy Colorado to have little gas milage advantage over the bigger 1500's and Silverados and according to consumer reports chalk full of problems if I remeber correctly. Know that doesn't jive with Plott dog's friend, but I've been able to take vehicles I've owned and do my own full red, half red, all white, half black, all black rating scales and Consumer Reports has been uncannily accurrate with what I've figured for my own vehicles. Good luck , Paul Conway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:19 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

thanks for the posts.

i to have heard good and bad bout them...they been out fer few years now so figured they might have the kinks werked out. i really like chevys 2500's and 3500's dont think ill ever buy another chevy or dodge 1/2 ton...im partial to fords but really aint much on there rangers. the colorados and canyons dont seem to be any cheaper then 1/2 tons ..and i know gas mileage is about the same.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:05 pm 
IP:
I don't know about the canyons but my 1/2 ton chevy gets 23 mpg at 65 or less and has more power than my '05 ford f-250 that was built the same year which gets 10-12 mpg. STAY AWAY FROM THE FORD TRUCKS. Unless you like replacing $800.00 - $1,200.00 fuel pumps. 4 in the last 50k miles and 2 vent cannisters @ $900.00 and a special ford modification at $300. Also 2 carrier bearings and metal shavings in the tranny. Right now my temp gauge says the truck is over heating about once a week and the valves sound like they are sticking. Other than that buy one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:53 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

lol...i figured i would get a few post like that...ive been a ford man all my life and for 1/2 tons i think there the best out there. but all trucks are junk after the warranty runs out...thay just make crap these days. im on my 3rd ford 1/2 and really like them. just think bout gettin a smaller truck for huntin. ive owned a dodge for about 5 months a 2002 and have never in all my trucks ever had so many problems and been stuck so many times. i really like chevy and gmc 3/4 and 1 tons. and thought the canyons/colorados look nice and are very roomy. thanksfor the post. jamie

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:26 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Guy I hunt with has a colorado. He really dont mind it but like someone previousley said, they get only aroud 18-20, so you almost might as well get the fullsize. he ahs had some minor problems with it. He said they dont hold up quite as good as his ZR2 he used to have...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:35 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i love a ford nothing better for me, i have own many diff brands, but if i could not buy a ford it would be toyota,there is junk in every maker but fords have always got me back home i do have a 91 chevy s 10 looks like crap. sounds like ##*%* but man it will gon but it is a short bed, oh ya my f 250 4x4 v10 gets 18 in town 20+ hy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:55 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

ive owned 2 colorados then traded for a full size chevy im going to let my wife take that and im going back to a colorado i love them they ride great ive had the 5 and the 4 cylinder i would recomend the 5 little less gas mileage but its worth it they are nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:06 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i dont know much about those trucks but i do love my toyota tacoma and would recommen one to everyone cant go wrong with it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:20 pm 
IP:
I have had 2 toyota trucks and have no complaints about them but a few years ago I decided to go bigger and bought an 02 gmc yukon xl and love it. Believe it or not it gets the same gas milage as my last Toyota 4x4 6 cylinder 17mpg.