It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:52 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Buckshot wrote:
I have one of the Sport Dog systems and had no trouble out of mine.

ditto

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have used both the sport dog and the tritronics trashbreaker I prefer the hound hunter 3200 because of the customer service and if used properly it continues to work I have purchased 2 of them one for me and one my brother. Neither of us had any problems what so ever. I have reached out and touched my dog that was next to my buddies dog and he couldnt hit his with the trash breaker. bottom line read the Manual do as it says and it will work if not send it back and continue to get new ones.

"You cant beat the Brindlewoods"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:56 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

BADKARMA wrote:
The range comes from the transmitter only. They have 3 different collars and what makes them different is the power on each.

It does not matter to me where they are made. There are none tougher. Tritronics does not offer a lifetime warranty either. Made in the USA does not mean anything to me. Quality is not dependant on where it is made at. If you are looking at electronics in general it sure would not be the USA in the lead.

That Sportdog no bark 10 that I am testing is amazing. After 3 solid weeks on a dog there are no marks and the unit is very accurate.

The only thing I do not like about Sportdog is the receiver is a little larger and heavier. So I took one apart. Now I know why. They are built and completely sealed so they are waterproof and shock proof.

I bought the sportdog 3200. awsome unit. no problems what so ever. even submerge it to clean it up every once and awhile. use it every night. But i bought the 10r no bark collar and it worked great for about 2-3 months. then instantly it died and now that batterys dont last a day. before they would last weeks. I know the bats. need replacement once and while but this was under recemened time. and my dog barely ever set it off too. idk. let me know if you have these same problems after awhile, a pm in a while would be greatly appreciated. others wise the 3200 is tough as nails

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:13 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I hunt in hills and had one of each and the tri tronics out performed the sportdog 10 times over Tri Tronics best their is!!!!!!

Nitch'Pr' Deepwoods Cye Boy
Grnitch'Pr' Like NO Dawn J
Grnitch'Pr' Maves' Nightmare Ms. Monster
GrCh Grnitch'Pr' Rebel's War Cry
'Pr' M&S' Screamin Loose Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've had a sportdog 3200 for over a year and it has performed outstanding, we can hunt in some pretty thick stuff and also in deep swamps. I use mine on my hounds and rabbit beagles, it has also proven to be 100% waterproof. The only problem I've had is the plastic around the prongs cracked but cheap fix. Would recommend to any one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:54 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just had my first problem with a SportDog receiver, also just found out their "Warranty" is a joke.

I have seen others on these different hunting forums mention how they were satisfied with the SportDog Customer Support and warranty on the collars -- reckon I dealt with the wrong person cause I thought of it as a joke and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Think I will now start using a different brand.

Good luck with the warranty work if you ever have to is all I got to say.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:33 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

the 1 i have is not the hound 1 its 4 just the yard the fr-200 it is ok but wish i got the bigger 1 but anyway i had it on r boxer and hes is got a choker collar and it shorted out after 2 weeks or this is what they told me but i had it on tight were the prongs would not make contact with the choker they said this caused it to short it wound not take charge. this is what warrty told me so i took it back to rual king were i bought it and rised he(( caused a little seen and got it replaced

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:05 pm 
IP:
they got the best warranty around but they are not a tritronic they work good need some more range

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Any updates from people that have owned this collar for awhile? I justed picked up a Tri-Tronics Classic 70 and was wondering if I should take it back and pick up one of these.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:51 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Buckshot wrote:
Just had my first problem with a SportDog receiver, also just found out their "Warranty" is a joke.

I have seen others on these different hunting forums mention how they were satisfied with the SportDog Customer Support and warranty on the collars -- reckon I dealt with the wrong person cause I thought of it as a joke and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Think I will now start using a different brand.

Good luck with the warranty work if you ever have to is all I got to say.

Drew..what issue did you have with the warranty? I know their lifetime warranty comes with a reduced cost on whatever unit broke. I have had zero problems with my 3200. Now the No Bark 10R, that is a different story. Battery life is short and the damn thing cracked in half out of the blue. They said $60 will get me a new one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:15 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

I should have posted that it has since been resolved dealing with someone else at SportDog after stating what took place. It was 2 months later that it was resolved........The initial correspondence was not satisfactory in my opinion on the warranty and thus why I made the post.

I sold an extra transmitter recently, but still have 2 transmitters and 4 receivers and only had the one problem with a receiver that I had contacted SportDog over the warranty.

I have had to replace the battery in 1 receiver once-- ordered it through Radio Shack.

Other than warranty issue I had, I have been very pleased with SportDog e-collars. Their logo is on one of my trucks and dog trailer.

I think the battery life on the 3200 is not long at all. That is my only complaint on the 3200.

Profile  WWW