CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Innotek
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:46 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

We are having issues with Innotek so today we sent this letter. Im very curious to hear what their response will be.

Anyone else have issues with this company??

Good afternoon,

The problem I am experiencing with your product is not with respect to the product itself. Rather my problem is with respect to how you are handling a defective product. We have spoken with customer service representatives who have explained that you experienced several quality related issues with the vendor for you previous model (FP Scout).

We were told that there were quality issues with your previous supplier for the FP Scout model. We have also been made aware that you are no longer sourcing your components or parts from that vendor. While I applaud the significant amount of effort it requires to move from one supplier to another, the fact remains that there is significant customer support responsibility that is being completely ignored.

We purchased the FP Scout system three years ago. The entire system was replaced in February 2008 due to its complete failure. I understand that electronics can and do experience problems. However, having the entire system become completely inoperable, twice, within a three year period is completely unacceptable.

The only thing that strikes me as even more intolerable is the fact that we were offered an "upgrade" to your comparable system for $235.00. We did a quick internet search and found that we could purchase your "upgrade" for $260.00 (bear in mind that this price did not require your roughly $200.00 credit). I cannot understand how you can ask a customer to subsidize your vendor's shortcomings in this way.

As an aside, we found that Tri-tronics (who, as I understand is actually one of your competitors) offers a similar, and in many respects, better system for $350.00. Having dealt with Tri-tronics in the past (and even recently) I can personally attest to the fact that their primary focus is in ensuring that their customer has a product that works.

I understand that problems can and do arise that are beyond the control of an OEM. However, subsidizing the cost of quality deficiencies by asking the customer to pay for an "upgrade" to their current failed system is unacceptable. Is their anything you can offer with respect to this current failed system?

I also understand that getting back to me may not be your top priority as it may easier to ignore this than deal with it, but this is the internet age. Likewise, I will be posting this letter to a few dog enthusiast forums. How this is resolved will also be posted.

Respectfully,

Sean Daley

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Innotek
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:58 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have to say thank you to Sport dog. They finally did what was right and sent me a new system. It was like pulling teeth, but they made things right.