CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:30 am 
IP:
Hey fullcry, just curious. Did you never get to hit the timber or did you get it in the woods twice? Make up your mind. It makes for a better story if you keep it straight. I have had nothing but quality service from huntsmart.com,

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:52 am 
IP:
Blue Cur wrote:
What coon light would you recomned for someone on a very tight budget. I just am getting back into coon hunting and am haveing to get everything again. I have an older wheat light but it wont charge or stay charged .

Competition Light Connection http://www.competitionlight.com/ has box lights that are pretty economical as low as $89. I bought my son one.

I am using an old Hot Light. Sounds like you just need a new battery. It is cheap to fix. Unscrew the reaistat from the battery box. take a punch and hammer. turn the batter box over and gently pop off the black top part by giving it a good pop around the edge until the glue gives. take the batter out and disconnect it.

You can get a 6 volt battery from Competition Light for around $15. It will buy you some time until you can get a brighter light in a year or two. Also, use a 1440 bulb for a bright alternative or use a BM30 or critter bulb to save the juice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:22 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

FullCryWalker wrote:
coleman wrote:
FullCryWalker wrote:
I would shy away from any Nite Lite branded lights because from my own experience they are worthless and the company could care less about their customers or the quality of their lights! I recently bought their new 28 volt belt light extreme and it was so cheaply made the thing came apart before I could even hit the timber with it. And then they overcharged my bank account for this light two weeks ago and I have yet to be reimbursed! And a $220 hit right before Christmas is a HUGE deal for my Families Christmas but do they care?......obviously NOT! I would recomend Bandit lights as I have always had nothing but good luck and friendly customer service! They also have lower voltage more affordable lights!

You can throw up whatever flag you want and trust me you HAVE NOT looked well enough or at the wrong light all together (28 volt belt light extreme) because even the Lady at Nite Lite told me they had issues with the stitching that holds this P.O.S. together so dont tell me what I know. And I bought the Nite Lite because of the new smart box that they have on it to help stop bulbs from blowing so easily on the higher voltage lights and I will say the 2 time I did take it into the woods the smartbox feature was awesome and I would love to see other manufacturers use this but thus far Nite Lite is the only one. And I do still use a Bandit. Until you actually have one in front of you or have used one dont tell me I I didnt tell the whole story Coleman. I have picture if you would like me to enlighten you and as far as my signature goes..........I am entitled to my opinion and could care less if you or anyone else dissagrees with me, thats one of the things about this country that we as Americans can enjoy.........FREEDOM OF SPEECH! Dont bring your hippy liberalism my way Coleman!

I wasn't trying to fight with you earlier just stating my expierience with Basil at bandit lights. But if you want a smart box go to Mike Kelley at K-lights. His bulb saver blows night light out of the water. It is an actual bulb metering microprocessor built into the light. It won't overpower the bulb until it is warmed up. And yes I would put a K-light against anybodies light.

Post subject: Re: .
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:00 pm 
IP:
vt700guy wrote:
I use a 3 cell LED maglight that I got at Walmart. It's obviously not as bright as some of the more expensive lights but I seem to always be able to find the coon.

I have a little 20 dollar LED on my head which only helps me not trip over logs, and I started using the 3 cell LED maglite that vt700guy mentioned. I think it cost me 20 bucks, but it works well enough and is lightweight. The only stuff in the field that isn't from a thrift store or walmart is what's on my dog's collar.

To me, tight budget=broke :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:27 pm 
IP:
I didnt even get it into the woods before the stitching came loose in three spots and then after a few trips in the woods it quit all together so i took the battery pack out and put it in an old Tejas light I had laying around! Nite Lite SUCKS and I stand by my statements.....if you have had good luck with them then I am happy for you, I can only express my experience with their stuff and it hasnt been pleasant......absolutely everything I have bought that has their name on it was below standards! Lights, Chaps, pouches.....EVERYTHING! I recently bought a Donkey Light and have yet to see one issue with it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i bought a bandit 12 volt at autumn oaks 3 years ago for $125, i can not said anything bad about bandit light owned 3 over the last 15 years never had no problems, had a 16/17 volt hunted with the light for 7 years only had the light worked on one time a wire came loose inside, bought a western river 20 v and kenton, i hated the light didn't hold up very

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

just wondering if anybody can tell me where I can buy parts to rebuild some old lights ,maybe convert them over to led

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:59 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

No interest shown; deleted by carnivore...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:43 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a nite lite I have just a plane jane 6volt hot light and have not had anything go wrong with it at all. Its cheap and works great and round where im from we hunt hard 7 days a week and its takin some bumps and bruises and the thing has not had any problems yet honest to god.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

As I have posted in previous threads, Im new to coon hunting. But I was wondering, what brand or style light would be good to start out with, as i cant spend an arm and a leg right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

moonshiner or valley creek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:10 pm 
IP:
moonshiners are great go for the 9 volt for about 150..its worth it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:24 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i agree on the nite lite i have been through three rheostats this season and the one i got now is on its last leg i really like star hunting light and sells a 12 volt cheaper than a nitelite hot lite and he has a 6 volt very reasonably priced www.starhuntinglights.com

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

VALLEY CREEKS 21 VOLT BUDGET LIGHT IS ONLY 235$. IT IS AS GOOD AS ANYTHING.

812-675-0420

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:29 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Ive got a 6 volt blazer thats a great starter light 80 dollars been used less than 20 times just as bright as a 20 volt with 5100 head. The lazer led lights with the battery and all on the hat are a good value for 100 dollars.Wallmart has a coleman max flash light that is 27 dollars a man can walk by or find a coon with thats what i used for two months this past kill season coupel of nights thats all we had if you want to hunt you can more than get by.