CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:10 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

my trash breaker is the biggest p.o.s ive ever seen, it will shock about 20 yards in a wide open feild if the dog is just like even in some brush still in sight it won shock him! its junk! just venting thanks!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:49 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Have you contacted the Tri tronics service department? They do excellant work. Yours obviously has a problem or it would have a two mile range.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:00 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I am not insulting anyones intelligence for I am far dumber than you I am sure. But I know TRI-Tronics makes a very reliable,rugged, and longrange unit in the trashbreaker. Did you have the collar on tight? Are the user changable batteries going weak on you? I also sometimes have to change over to the longer contacts and put water on a dogs neck if it is dry out. But if it truly broke they will stand behind it and make it right. Or if you are that disgusted and it is a trashbreaker ultra 2 EXP model I will buy it from you. Hope you have better luck in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:00 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

new or used? 1st, 2cnd or third generation (G2)? Paul Conway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:12 am 
IP:
I USUALLY DONT TAKE S*** FROM ANYBODY BUT BOX UP THAT POS AND SEND IT TO ME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:24 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

it was on tight, it is fully charged for sum of you "that think im dumb". it is junky though and has been sent to arizona for some repair! the thing that got me is i bought it brand new like 5 montha ago and its allready doin this! it just agrivating! they said theyd fix it free of charge though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:35 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I was not implying anything about your intelligence. I wish to extend my sincere apology towards you if you took offense to anything I said. I was trying not to sound like a "know it all" and just pointing out little things that anyone even a pro could have overlooked. I was you 3 years ago when my trashbreaker would not stimulate the dogs either. I called that thing everything under the sun but a tri-tronics. I went around and said they were junk too. Then I was told about the batteries just getting weak and that was what was wrong. I believe that Tri-tronics makes the best in sporting dog E-collars and I have tried alot of the others with little sucess. But hey everyone makes a dud sooner or later. You probably got a Friday unit and the guy putting it together wanted to get out of there. But give them a chance you might like it when it comes back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:02 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

haha yah i think the batteries are just weak in it or sumthiN! who knows! no offense takin earlier or anything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:58 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Buddha, even us "smart" ones do things like turn the dogs loose without taking the magnet outta the tracking collar or turning the shocking collar on or having the collar too loose or not checking to see if the antenna is tight, the unit is secure to the collar, etc. etc. etc. I've done all of the above at one time or another :shock: ! Just common things even the vetrans need reminded about from time to time. It is frustrating when you get something that should be dependable and yours is the one that ain't. Good luck with it and good hunting. Paul Conway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:44 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Tri-tronics makes a great system and have a bunch of great people working for them cause they stand behind their products. I have had a couple of trashbreaker systems, most recently the G2. That unit was nearly two years old and had a problem, so I telephoned them and went through the process of trouble shooting which ended with me sending the six collar unit in for repair. Tri-tronics replaced the unit free of charge and updated several of the collars as well. They are a great group of people who stand behind a great product when thing go bad..............

My unit had seen day in and day out use, as I use the beeper control on a pack of lion and bear hounds from the backyuard to the tree and back again.......that unit is one of the greatest things ever invented for a big game hound, and has leveled the playing field for a handler to control his young dogs.

Great Christmas present for a young hunter,
ike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:34 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

no i have an older unit works like a charm but budda's unit was junk would not even shock if the thing was pointed down. hold it up over your head and it work some times. he sent it back they did give him a new one that was good but day 2 just off charge and plink it is junk to. i for one will go with dogtra next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:58 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

What did they say was broke

Post subject: ??
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:17 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

if you read the book that comes with the system i believe you will see it states the system needs to be charged 14 hrs. every month in use or not. i keep mine charged this way and it is 5 yrs. old with no problems. some battiers hold what is termed as a memiory on short charging, i dont know if that is the case with these systems.... :?:

Post subject: Re: ??
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:55 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

wingpatch wrote:
if you read the book that comes with the system i believe you will see it states the system needs to be charged 14 hrs. every month in use or not. i keep mine charged this way and it is 5 yrs. old with no problems. some battiers hold what is termed as a memiory on short charging, i dont know if that is the case with these systems.... :?:

I have a feeling the collar was over charged from what I am reading here. You've got to remember that these are very delicate items. You MUST follow the directions that come with it or you will turn a nice working piece of equipment to junk. JMO though...

OAKS POINT KENNELS
JOE CULLER

HOME OF:
GRNITECH CH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE
'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:07 pm 
IP:
I have the classic 70 G2 EXP. One of my collars had quit working and then I lost my remote. I sent it into tri tronics and they replaced the remote and all 4 collars for 165 dollars.. Less then the 177 quoted for replacing just the remote. Their service is impeccable and quick to boot. They will get ALL of my e-collar business in the future.