CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:29 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

the problem with diamond is the fillers lots of corn and junk the dogs dont even digest it it just runns threw them
the other problem is how many recalls diamond has had as a company they have had 3 in 5 years i wont risk it there are so much better foods out there

I feed wellness NO by product no corn no wheat no soy and no preservites. plus the company has never bin on a recall list

I own a 5000sqft pet store and keep up with the market very well if anyone needs advice on anything health or food related just pm me

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

For the money you just cant beat dimond. If you feed alot of dogs the dimond HI ENERGY 50 pound bag is the way to go. I have no idea what the pet store guy is talking about, try feeding anything from walmart like ol-roy witch is high in fat and protien but the dogs crap alot because of the fillers. I have tried many typs of dog feed and the dogs prefer dimond over any and they dont have big mountains of crap in the kennals.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:23 pm 
IP:
i agree with michcooner i feed diamond it is a great feed dogs LOVE IT. keeps good layer of fat on in the winter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The diamond food is just as good as anyone else depends on the blend u feed if its one of the naturals has no filler or crap in it summer time i usually feed the maitenence and its a good low protein for the summer doesnt fatten them up to bad just gotta watch how much u feed. And for swampmusic77 watch how much u feed usually i havent really had a problem with dog getting sick off it i think it would just be a matter of them getting used to it if they were eating different food before usually u have to mix it in with the old food so much to get them used to it and the Purina Pro Plan puppy is a very good food any of the pro plan products are usually good. But diamond its cheaper and little bit easier on the pocket specially with the way the aconomy is and its a good all around solid food its all i feed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:56 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I dont really understand why cheevers would not like Diamond, saying they have Soy,Wheat, and Corn. when on the bag it says No Soy, No Wheat, No Corn! I do remember the Recall that killed alot of dogs but when you in any buisness Making products for the Masses.. youre gonna have problems sometimes. Could have been a Simple mistake by a careless human. Ive read alot of Ingredients lists and for the $ You're not gonna find a much better product unless your goin with Raw food and I tried that... When the dog's eatin better than i am, somethings gotta change. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:45 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

If you have a Costco nearby, Diamond makes their "Kirkland Signature" line - nearly identical to Diamond, but a little cheaper.(Costco changed the Diamond recipe a little -- according to "dog food rating" websites, for the better.)

The rescue group I foster for feeds it to all our dogs. (A lot of rescues make the fosterer buy their own food, but my group provides the food because we want to make sure the dogs are being fed well.) I also feed it to my personal dogs, and the worst "problem" I've had is that it makes one of them a tad gassy. They're all inside dogs, so it's noticeable, but it's not bad enough to change foods. Best value for the money, as far as I'm concerned.

But I'm not a hunter, so I don't know what effect it would have on hunting, if any. (I'm just here because I'm fostering a Walker, and I like to do my homework on the breed I'm fostering so I can figure out the best fit for a "forever home." Plus, while I have her, I want to make sure I'm meeting her needs as best I can, short of hunting her!)

Karen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i switched to diamond lamb and rice from purina and i can tell a huge difference in my dogs. their waste is much less and more consistent and i now feed less so its worth the few bux a bag more to me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:40 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I feed diamond extra high energy threw the winter n switch them over to just chicken n rice in the summer

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The diamond puppy made most of my pups poop blood so i feed purina puppy chow then switch to diamond maintenance best all round feed for the dollar to weight ratio that i have found.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

try 4 health dog food from tractor supply its made by diamond dog food.its just a little cheaper.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:37 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I'm feeding diamond EA on one of my dogs that is a little laid back, he seems to hunt better and is putting on weight finally. Now my other pup that is wired, I'm feeding a large breed low protein, she seems to be a little more mellow. So I feel it can be dog dependent and what your trying to achieve.

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app