CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 am 
IP:
I have used strike and intello both with good results. Intello is the better collar for range and accuracy straight out the box. However, I was tipped to the heavy cable antenna for the strike which makes it a much much better collar than the intello. With the cable the strike has slightly better range than the intello and way accurate over the intello. Not nearly as much bounce in signal.
Hopm

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:54 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

recon wrote:
I have two of the intello collars. I have recently had a problem with them not shutting off and draining batteries. Had to replace the end cap on one. There is no indicator that your batteries are getting low. I cut the dogs loose one night and was getting a good signal. Within an hour, no signal at all. The batteries had died on me. I have another collar that apparantly got water into it. Now I have to send that one back. The range is good on the intello collars, but I cant say much else for them. Tracker customer service is nice to deal with and is usually helpful. That doesnt make spending money to fix these expensive collars any easier though.

You can monitor the battery condition of the collars from your receiver. When the batteries are good, the beeps will be consistant. As the batteries drain, you will hear an occasional stutter in the beep. If you only hear it every 15 seconds or so, your batteries will work for another few hours. As the batteries drain down, the stutter will be more frequent. When it stutters every 5 seconds or less, through the batteries away. If your collar quit all of a sudden, there is something else wrong. I have 2 Intello collars that are about 7 or 8 years old and the only thing I have replaced are the end caps. One has a broken antenna about half way down, but cannot notice a reduction in signal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:13 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I am familiar with the stutter in the beeps you mentioned. This night however, the beeps were completely normal. The dogs went hunting and within an hour I had nothing. Once I got the dogs back I replaced the batteries in that collar and it worked fine. Now, one month later, it is dead again. Tracker has no explanation and can only tell me to send it in along with the receiver. That is a little frustrating because it means no hunting for how many weeks? Not to mention the shipping and repair cost. I am frustrated with the collars and would not recommend them. Have a buddy with the strike collars and he has had no problems.

Post subject: ??
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:17 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

if you have the old type end caps as i did the batterie contacts will tarnish and corode up and they will not work. call jen at tracker tell her whats going on and have her send you the new type end caps they will work much better , the old type has soider batterie contacts the new onces have copper batterie contacts.........tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:52 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Well, it happened again. Hunted Sunday night with the one intello collar i have that still works. Put it up at the end of the hunt and it was working fine. I turned it off, checked it with my receiver to make sure it was in fact off, stored it in the plastic carrying box it came in. Went to go hunting last night, pulled collar out, took out the magnet and turned on the receiver to check it before putting it on dog. Nothing!!!! Dead as a door nail. :x Anyone having similar problems?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:51 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Your problem appears to be the magnetic switch in the collar. I do not know how to fix that. Call Tracker and ask to talk to Jen. Tell her that Steve Rogers sent you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:34 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

There must be some kind of a short that is draining the battery. Even if the collar was left on for that amount of time, it should still have battery life. :? That is something very untypical of the Intello.

Last edited by Tim MACHA on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:47 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

If the collar is left on for some reason it will only last 10 days. Now if the wrong batteries are used they will drain very quickly.

First are the batteries the 3.6 volt aa or are they the 1.5v aa battery?

Now I have found there to be many 3.6 volt batteries that have high drain rates and do not last that long. You need to be careful about the kind of 3.6v aa you use, thet are not all the same.

You may be shocked to find out that many people believe that they can just use the regular 1.5v aa and then get bad range and life and blame it on Tracker. :oops: :roll: I'm not saying that I did or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have the correct batteries. I got them from Tracker when I ordered the end cap after it malfunctioned. It may be a defect of some sort in the collar, but it is both of my collars, not just one. I hope they can diagnose the problem this time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have one strike collar and it works great.Ive never had any problems with it.Tracker is a good company and makes some great tracking equipment.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:54 pm 
IP:
I have used the strike and the intello and had great results with both of them. The are basically the same collar all you have to do is add the 1/2 size 3.6 aa batteries to the strike and its the same as the intello as far as range. You can get these batteries off of E-Bay.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hopm wrote:
I have used strike and intello both with good results. Intello is the better collar for range and accuracy straight out the box. However, I was tipped to the heavy cable antenna for the strike which makes it a much much better collar than the intello. With the cable the strike has slightly better range than the intello and way accurate over the intello. Not nearly as much bounce in signal.
Hopm

Were do you get the heavy cable antenna ??